Memories of Sheffield City Hall

I've seen Victoria Wood several times at the City Hall. I think I saw her around 1990, 1993 and 1996. Can anyone remember what dates she performed there? I used to throw all my concert tickets away, but wish I'd kept them now.

My Mam and Dad met at the City Hall, probably '49 - 2nd time around for both of them.Dad was a commissionaire too(also at Hillsborough)

He hated Alma Cogan with a passion and I often imagined he met her at ther City Hall and she did or said something derogatory to him! Sadly, I'll never know as although he was there in the 50's he died in Jan.'64.I was 12!!

A few weeks ago I visited the ballroom area in the City Hall for the first time since going to the dances there in the 1960s.

During a conversation I was told the bar used to be at the left side of the ballroom(when facing the stage)and had been moved to its present location opposite the stage end in an area seperated from the ballroom.

The City Hall staff assured me it was at the left side but I wonder if it had been at the top end earlier in the 1960s before being moved.

Can anyone remember the location ?

(I couldn't remember the side rooms either).

Deep Purple, 1971. Came out with my ears on fire .Fantastic.

Me too BrianE.Heard nothing but high pitched whistling for days.Ian Gillan has a voice gifted by God!!

Deep Purple, 1971. Came out with my ears on fire .Fantastic.

And me, just found the programme! Along with one for the Mahavishnu orchestra from the same era.