Help with new BNI group

I am helping to set up a new BNI group in South West Sheffield and wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice on how to find people who may be interested in joining. I am loathed to cold call people I don't know and I'm sure there are people out there who want to join but couldn't because their category was already taken in an existing group.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear from them.

Thanks

I am helping to set up a new BNI group in South West Sheffield and wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice on how to find people who may be interested in joining. I am loathed to cold call people I don't know and I'm sure there are people out there who want to join but couldn't because their category was already taken in an existing group.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear from them.

Thanks

I would say it will be necessary for you to do some cold calling BNI have a letter they send out to businesses to be followed up by a telephone call ,I would assume if Niri or Steve is still working for them he can give you advice,I was a previous member at Chesterfield which started from scratch two years ago.

I would say it will be necessary for you to do some cold calling BNI have a letter they send out to businesses to be followed up by a telephone call ,I would assume if Niri or Steve is still working for them he can give you advice,I was a previous member at Chesterfield which started from scratch two years ago.

Thanks for that. Niri has been involved a bit, so I'll give him a call and have another chat with him.

I'm not so hot on cold calling, so the idea of a letter first sounds good to me.:)