Anyone else having TV trouble?

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem?

I keep losing digital channels on the TV. They start off going into pixelated blocks and rectangles, then go altogether.

I've tried retuning but still can't get them. All the ITV channels have gone and some freeview channels. The Tv's just over a year old so should be OK.

The TV set upstairs is still receiving all channels co don't think reception is a problem.

Anybody got any idea what I could try next, ( I feel it's a mistake that should be easily rectifiable,) before I get the repair man in?

Are the 2 TVs you have on different aerials?

Are the 2 TVs you have on different aerials?

No, not that I know of.

Yes Ive got exactly the same trouble. I was told the emley moor transmitter was being upgraded in preperation for the switchover and was causing some to have a weak signal.

Yes Ive got exactly the same trouble. I was told the emley moor transmitter was being upgraded in preperation for the switchover and was causing some to have a weak signal.

True, but that work should have been finished weeks or months ago.

Possibly talking out my arse here ;), but have heard it said that no digital signal is working at full strength; as if it were it would interfere with the analogue??

I blooming well hope this is the case, else this new technology is rubbish - I'm constantly having to retune, as is my aunt in a completely different area of Sheffield.

I was told by Slater Bros that the digital change over won't now be completed until the end of November!!! My tv is Ok but trying to record on dvd is very hit and miss...............drat!

Oh, no, not again. ITV are sods for disrupting their digital signals. IF you are lucky, those TVs with strong signals may get something. It may be a week or more before it works again (judging by previous occurrances).

I bet Dave is one of the freeview channels that you can't get, isn't it? I've not had that since May.

I was told by an arial fitter that the digital signal is restricted to avoid interferring with analogue signals, so you should improve when we go 'all digital' (next year?).

I was told by Slater Bros that the digital change over won't now be completed until the end of November!!! My tv is Ok but trying to record on dvd is very hit and miss...............drat!

Switchover does not even start in this region until next year. There are works going on at Emley Moor in preparation for this. Originally this work was supposed to be completed in June, but that was put back to September.

Hi all,

Had the repair man in (Ecclesfield Arials - I can recommend him.) He fitted a device to the arial and a gizmo to the back of the TV and it's now working perfectly.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by Anna B
sp

Anyone else having trouble with Freesat? Ours has been working great since we got it a few months ago, but about a week ago we lost reception. We can get some channels, but not all of them that we used to. Our dish hasn't moved so I wonder if something else has changed. Tried retuning, but no difference.

you need to check signal to each digital input