Breast feeding in public

Halibut doesn't; you're misrepresenting his views.
You mean like you did on the drug topic.

Some women struggle to do it discreetly tho. Myself included. Just due to the way mine fed and positioning. I wish I could have been more discreet tho.

You have heroin on the brain, are you rattling or something ? :hihi:

I have the answer, let's all go to the beach high on heroin and feed our babies.

Seriously no one knows when most women are feeding their child, they get out a breast use a shawl, baby has it's nosh which takes oohh 5 minutes, mum can still keep on eating her own meal and no one is the wiser.

I have the answer, let's all go to the beach high on heroin and feed our babies.

Seriously no one knows when most women are feeding their child, they get out a breast use a shawl, baby has it's nosh which takes oohh 5 minutes, mum can still keep on eating her own meal and no one is the wiser.

5 minutes! Mine fed for at least 30 minutes, often an hour at a time!

5 minutes! Mine fed for at least 30 minutes, often an hour at a time!
Some people do make a meal of things.:)

I breastfed all four of mine in a variety of fun locations, in church, in John Lewis' cafe, in the pub, on trains, on buses, in the park, on Win Hill. There were many more which I can't recall, but all of them were infinitely more pleasant for both of us than the toilets or the baby changing room, which both smell of poo. You do become more adept at doing it discretely, with practise. Also you learn that you can't fit you, the baby, the pushchair, and a toddler in the changing room for more than a quick nappy change. And have you ever seen the queue in a ladies toilet or the queue for the baby changing room? It really is a no-brainer for me -tits out!

How does he know 'some men' would find it threatening? to me this is typical of the way these coments are used to appear superior.

They would only seem to appear superior if your intellect was inferior...in your case that's very understandable.:D

Hell no.

I don't find anything about the female breast threatening. Breast feeding should be mandatory, its as natural as eggs.

Absolutely! What could be more natural than eating the unfertilised foetus of a captive flightless bird? :hihi:

I breastfed all four of mine in a variety of fun locations, in church, in John Lewis' cafe, in the pub, on trains, on buses, in the park, on Win Hill. There were many more which I can't recall, but all of them were infinitely more pleasant for both of us than the toilets or the baby changing room, which both smell of poo. You do become more adept at doing it discretely, with practise. Also you learn that you can't fit you, the baby, the pushchair, and a toddler in the changing room for more than a quick nappy change. And have you ever seen the queue in a ladies toilet or the queue for the baby changing room? It really is a no-brainer for me -tits out!

Post smoking ban, of course?

Post smoking ban, of course?

most family type pubs had non smoking sections in them anyway, theres one i used to be taken to for dinner 17 years ago (starting to feel old having read that back!)

I am breastfeeding my daughter who is nearly 5 months old and have to admit that it is only recently that I have breastfed in a cafe (Debenhams). I was so paranoid that I would be flashing at everyone that I always (and sometimes still do) feed hernon the baby changing room and have on occasions fed her in a toilet. Must say reading this thread that I am really annoyed with myself for feeding her in a toilet, but at the time thought I was doing the "right" thing. Must admit that I also think my mum is more embarrassed than me when I have fed my daughter in a cafe when she is there as she passes me a blanket to put over my shoulder! Last time she did that I had to tell her to wait a minute as she wasn't latched on properly and I couldn't see a blinkin thing because of the blanket :-) I am really nervous that anyone is going to say something to me if I breastfeed in public, even though I know most wouldn't. Also, I have loved breastfeeding my daughter so much and I shouldn't give a damn! But, I do. I take my daughter to a breastfeeding cafe and I wish I was like the majority who feed their baby anywhere.

Edited by BorntobeBlonde

I am really nervous that anyone is going to say something to me if I breastfeed in public, even though I know most wouldn't. Also, I have loved breastfeeding my daughter so much and I shouldn't give a damn! But, I do. I take my daughter to a breastfeeding cafe and I wish I was like the majority who feed their baby anywhere.
It really does help having an outfit that will allow you to feed discretely, and do up easily again with one hand! That's the thing I've had most trouble with though. It's one thing finding a shirt that the buttons aren't too fiddly on, but my 8/10 shoulders are swamped by the 12/14 chest size I have to wear at the moment. When are retailers going to see the necessity (and the greater potential in this market than for maternity wear!)