Mittens - not in the round?

Are there any free patterns anyone's come across to make adult mittens that are not knitted in the round or on dpns please?

if not, then how do I knit in the round please? I do have one of those needles with the thin plastic 'string' between them (don't laugh I think they're called circular pins LOL)

Have you looked on Ravelry? I queued a pattern the other day for some mittens. It's worth a look.

yeah, I've been looking on there for the last few days but I haven't happened upon anything suitable yet :hihi:

Thanks Wheezy

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/mittens/615-mittens-pattern.html

I've used this one a couple of times. It has instructions for knitting in the round on 4 needles first but if you keep going down the page it gives instructions for knitting on two needles then seaming up. Lots of sizes too.

excellent, thank you! :D

I'm also going to have a wee try on circulars, wish me luck lol.

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/mittens/615-mittens-pattern.html

I've used this one a couple of times. It has instructions for knitting in the round on 4 needles first but if you keep going down the page it gives instructions for knitting on two needles then seaming up. Lots of sizes too.

These look good! Thanks!:D

Well, I haven't yet started the mittens, but I have been practicing with the circ needles, and made a titfer-tat and matching neckwarmer over the w/e both using freebies from Ravelry. It's a start eh? lol Tonight's the night :D

Well, I haven't yet started the mittens, but I have been practicing with the circ needles, and made a titfer-tat and matching neckwarmer over the w/e both using freebies from Ravelry. It's a start eh? lol Tonight's the night :D

I've done two pair, will start a third tonight and now don't need the pattern :hihi::hihi::hihi: So easy :nod:

I have the Knitters Bible Knitting Accessories book by Claire Compton and there are definitely mittens that are not knit in the round in that book.