Anyone attend Herries Comprehensive School ?

hiya lesley1967 my names angela an d hubbys is malcolm.

My brother Chris Bumford went to Herries School (then Shirecliffe High) at some point in the 1950's I think. He now lives and works in Harley in South Yorkshire. I went to Herries in the late 1960"s. I remember Miss Howard taught us Home Economics and Mr Green attempted to teach me math. I can't remember the science teacher's name but i do remember that he called me "carrot top." Mr Robinson was the Head Master and i really liked him. According to some paper clippings i loved doing flower arrangements and always dreamed of working in a flower shop. I was very athletic at the time and looked forward to our gym classes. However, in hind sight I cannot believe that we ran for miles through uninhabited waste land wearing little more than a pair of tight blue knickers and a t-shirt. My name was Pat Bumford, I was head girl for a while my best friend was called Angela Weaver. I worked for many years as a flight attendant and I married in 1978 and came to live in Canada. I have 2 wonderful grown children.I have now remarried and teach in a elementary school in Mississauga. i would love to hear from any of my old classmates.:)

hi i was in your class you brought amarrilas each term i sat at the back..we both left to gether and you lived on attkins road as i came to your home many times what days

sorry im not haggy 26,spritulist is my name

hi pat bumford i was their at the same time as you in your class at the juniors-seniours

My brother Chris Bumford went to Herries School (then Shirecliffe Secondary Modern) at some point in the 1950's I think.

He left in 1958, same time as me, we were in the same class.

i went to herries and left in 85, same year as colleen furniss,tracey johnson,andrew howden,raddish,shammy,anyone here familiar?

shammy is my brother :D

hiya lesley1967 both me and my hubby went to herries i lrft 85 hubby left 86 i remember the names you put whats your name might know each other.

jiya shammy is my brother

hi........ ive actually seen you on face book and wondered if you were related!

i knew a couple of girls who went to herries cheryl naylor and denise ransom think they left about 1975.

Hi, I was at Herries between 1968-74, previously at Shirecliffe junior, I remember lots of names, Melvyn Chapman(lovely white blond hair), Denise Duell, Wendy Deakin, Julie Littlewood, Anne Reaney, Julioe Marsden, Karen Scott, Tina Drabble, Terry Warburton, Peter Feeney, Anthony Dearden.....too many to mention. Happy days

My name is Gillian, by the way!