Paying by card in a sandwich shop

Hiya,

I own a sandwich shop and i am thinking about getting a card machine put in for payments! It would have a minimum spend of £3 per transaction (due to amount we get charged by bank)

Do people think this is a good idea, is it the kind of facility people are needing?

Thanks for your input xxx

I use cash to pay for my sandwich every lunch time. I go to the cash point at the start of the week to ensure I have enough.

......... is it the kind of facility people are needing?

How many customers per week ask you if they can pay by card?

People in London seem to do it all the time. Annoys me when I'm behind them in the queue in a hurry and they're faffing about, to be honest. But certainly enough people seem to do it.

I would say not. At luchtime people just want to grab a quick sandwich. If you put in a card machine this would hold up your queue for all your customers. There are plenty of cash machines around so you should not use business.

I would stop more to buy a sandwich if they took cards. I rarely carry cash (call me your maj) and I often go without lunch as I've no cash on me and no where near a bank (I know take something with me or stop for some money)

Hiya,

I own a sandwich shop and i am thinking about getting a card machine put in for payments! It would have a minimum spend of £3 per transaction (due to amount we get charged by bank)

Do people think this is a good idea, is it the kind of facility people are needing?

Thanks for your input xxx

How much does the bank charge?

Only asked because I've seen minimum spends in some places of £10.

Also people often don't want to take £10 out to spend £3 or £4 you want to just spend what you need. If I have cash I tend to buy things I wouldn't normally, like a can of pop from the vending machine at work or some crisps when if I didn't have the change from my sandwich in my purse I would't

I think it's a great idea. I never carry cash and find it a real pain when I want to buy things and can only pay with cash, so then have to traipse around to find a cash machine. Just make your sandwiches bigger and make them all £3!!! (or more) Or put together a meal deal-sandwich, bag of crisps and a drink.

Depends on where the shop is, the students near the childrens hospital cause queues because of it.

Also people often don't want to take £10 out to spend £3 or £4 you want to just spend what you need. If I have cash I tend to buy things I wouldn't normally, like a can of pop from the vending machine at work or some crisps when if I didn't have the change from my sandwich in my purse I would't

Sounds like an impulse control problem.

I think having a card machine in your shop will cause problems for staff and customers, Card machines are always breaking down or running slow and if someone has just popped in for a quick sarnie its going to hold things up and make people late for work etc. If you was a big business ie a chain retailer fair enough but just a single shop i wouldent bother hun cash is easier and quicker.