Sign in to follow this  

Playing a DVD or CD on my lap top.

If I am inserting a DVD or CD (pictures not music) into my lap top,do I insert it before I switch my computer on,or after.If after Ive switched on, do I insert it while the icons are on,before Ive double clicked ? Kristian,usually helps me on these.

Question.2. I didnt go on to my computer at all yesterday or last night. Tonight when I went to E mail, BT started asking for my user name and password over again.Usually I just click a box that says dial,and it puts me straight through to outlook express,but not tonight. Came onto the Forum,instead hoping it will right itself when I go back.Last time this happened it took me days for BT to accept my password etc; is this because I didnt use my computer yesterday ?

If I am inserting a DVD or CD (pictures not music) into my lap top,do I insert it before I switch my computer on,or after.If after Ive switched on, do I insert it while the icons are on,before Ive double clicked ? Kristian,usually helps me on these.

After - as the drive'll not work if it is switched off. You pop it on whilst the icons are displayed. When the screen appears - that looks similar to this, load the CD in.

The CD should have AutoRun enabled, if not go to My Computer > CD Drive > And go from here. Click This And if a disc was inserted, they'd be displayed here.

I didnt go on to my computer at all yesterday or last night. Tonight when I went to E mail, BT started asking for my user name and password over again.Usually I just click a box that says dial,and it puts me straight through to outlook express,but not tonight. Came onto the Forum,instead hoping it will right itself when I go back.Last time this happened it took me days for BT to accept my password etc; is this because I didnt use my computer yesterday ?

Using Outlook Express, ensure the password option is correct:

here

HTH

:)