Wanted: The Brushes Story by "Spike" Johnson

I would like to purchase a copy of "The Brushes Story" by Firth Park Grammar teacher T.F. "Spike" Johnson. It's no longer in print, and is what the British Library refers to as an orphan work (as Mr. Johnson is deceased and the publisher no longer in business). My brother-in-law was born and schooled in Sheffield, but has never read the book; I want to find it for him. Any help or suggestions on finding a family member of Mr. Johnson's would be greatly appreciated, barring that, I'd be happy with a copy of the original!

Have you tried Amazon? It’s surprising what they come up with. Same with e-bay. Both worth a try

Unfortunately, the school closed some years ago, and the "The Brushes" building was demolished. Thank you, though!

Hello there,

I also went to Firth Park Grammar and I'm also after a copy of the book. Do you have any links as to where I may be able to purchase a copy. Thank you in advance. Richard.

---------- Post added 17-04-2018 at 21:44 ----------

And Alan "Boris" Haywood's russian book is not an acceptable substitute! lol

Spike took us for history,he was a brilliant teacher and story teller. I wonder how many times he told them over his long career? Spike,archie wood,das smith and blades the games teacher were the best teachers,not bullies like most there.

Spike took us for history,he was a brilliant teacher and story teller. I wonder how many times he told them over his long career? Spike,archie wood,das smith and blades the games teacher were the best teachers,not bullies like most there.

Joe Eker, Boris, Stan Cook, Trev Higginbottom and Fred Wood, 'Cas' Shreeve stand out for me against a sea of indifference.

For years I had a copy of Boris' Russian book.

Nothing to do with the book but was this person " Spike" involved with the scouts?

I was in King Edwards hospital up rivelin and a guy called spike Johnson did the cubs up there

Yes spike was a scoutmaster,I can remember him in his khaki shorts,nobbley knees.He was a one off and well thought of by all his pupils.