Pet Insurance (sorry if this has been done)

Hi there

Looking to insure new cat (one year old) just wondered on the opinions of other Pet forumers, have looked at M&S, looks fair to me but would be grateful for opinions.

Many thanks

Aberdeen

We have just gone with Argos, they seem as resonable as M and S. Only round 9 quid a month too

Ours is with More Than. Just make sure whichever one you decide on is a lifetime policy, as some would only pay out up to a set amount of time or money even for a long term condition, if that makes sense!!

Thanks guys

Yes am making sure about the long term cover, just getting quotes online quotes at the moment, but will make doubly sure when I phone whoever.

Im with PetPlan - more expensive than most but all vets trust them and they have a long standing and only deal with pets so their people have very specific knowledge making claiming easier, as dealing with pets is their forte But it does depend on your budget. and you need to find out if getting long term cover is possiable as you are not insuring your cat from leaving the breeders, some will say yes thats fine and then when you come to claim thats when they do all the digging in to whether they'll pay out or not sadly by then you've already paid :-) make sure you do your research

I had a bad experience trying to claim with petplan so never again, plus they're very happy to exclude everything at the drop of a hat.

I've now gone with argos for both cats and in total pay less than a tenner a month, bargain!

What were the circumstances? Just wondering interesting what the discounted for you?

ALL insurance is a complete nightmare but M&S and Petplan seem to be well recommended. As said make sure there is no time limit on conditions. All my kittens go with 4 weeks free Petplan insurance and most people seem happy to carry on using them.

I am with argos too havent had a problem with them

Thanks for all your messages.

I am looking into it all very carefully and reading online reviews!!

We lost one of our cats with CRF recently and she was 20. She was not insured and the Vets bills mounted up with meds, blood tests etc. These we paid without a second thought, but obviously it would have been easier to have had some financial assistance.

It would be no good to have a repeat situation and then to be told we are not covered because of age or condition etc.