Laser eye surgery......

can anybody recommend vision express for eye surgery as im thinking of having it done

Had ultra lasek plus with ultralase 5 years ago , fantastic result and fantastic customer service from start to finish

The first thing i would do is see your GP, then do some reserch on what can go wrong, ignore the adverts on tv there just models , i had mine done in 2009 and i still wear glasse's and suffer with severe dry eye, i had mine done at Opitcal Express in Leeds and it as runied my life , do your home work first check on what can go wrong , as there is no going back .

I had mine done in 2004 at ultralase in leeds . i wore milk bottle prescription glasses at the time . it cost nineteen hundred then, but it was well worth it, instant improvement as soon as the laser finished

Edited by hgdave
spelling correction

No matter what , do your homework , i have been going to OX since with room full of rejects that have gone wrong, you must have been lucky

Has anyone had either laser or replacement lens treatment done at Sheffield Vision Centre (allied to Hallamshire hospital) or does anyone have any other recommendations for eye clinics in South Yorks?

Thanks

A friend of mine and her parents went to place in Nottingham, and were more than satisfied, sadly I don't know the name, but find out and let you know.

I had laser eye surgery when I was 23 at the cost of £4000 and by the time I was 25 I needed glasses again, needless to say I wasn't very impressed!!

My friend had the same surgery at 21 and she was back in glasses by 27....it's just not good enough for the cost and expectancies they give you!!

Personally I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and the one thing that did strike me was that all the surgeons, receptionists, opticians etc there all wore glasses....not a very good or reassuring advert!!

Very unusual II49 as most people I know say its the best decision they ever made.

New Biz I would make sure the person who was doing it was a surgeon so I favour places like Moorfields in London.

The Sheffield Vision clinic looks good. Am sure there will be sites with reviews.

There used to be a website with loads of reviews on. Ill post if I remember and it is still going.

http://www.lasik-eyes.co.uk/clinics/sheffield-vision-centre/

Edited by 999tigger

I had mine done about 6 years ago with Sheffield Vision centre. They were excellent, I couldn't fault them. My eyesight was pretty bad (about -12 in one eye, slightly better in the other), and my vision is still excellent now. I was told that I'd probably need reading glasses as I get older, but I would've expected that anyway.

A friend had the same surgery through vision express which was considerably cheaper, but she had to go back 3 times and still has "halos" in night vision, whereas I had drops in during surgery to minimise the risk and don't get any.

wow -12 is high, must have been a massive change plus I bet its workd out as cost effective.

Yep, it took ages to get used to not reaching for glasses as soon as I woke up! My glasses cost a fortune because I had to pay for high index lenses to make them thin enough to prevent me looking like a fly. Last pair was about 600 quid, then with occasional contact lens buying, laser surgery had paid for itself in about 3 years! :)