Graysons Restaurant Woodseats?

I went the other day for lunch, popped in just thought i would have a light lunch, opted for soup. It took half an hour to come and was cold, and not very tasty. There was other customers in there giving brillant feedback about the fish and chips. I will be giving it another go though.

Had a look at the menu today,not over impressed. Dinner (I think) was advertised at £20 Dore grill during the week £14.50. Can't beat the Dore Grill for my money. The previous owners weren't there long, lets see if this one fares any better!

I went there the other day with my wife, The food was very inpresive! worth giving it a go.

My wife and I have just got back from there. Extremely tasty food, very well presented in decent enough surroundings.

Well worth the extortionate taxi fare (another story) to visit.

Best of luck to them.

Sounds interesting. Is it BYOB? Or what are the booze prices / selection like?

We went for a meal at lunchtime, 5 people, all had 1 alcoholic drink and coffee and it came to just over £80.

Not sure about selections of alcohol or prices as I'm more into my food. If it's not on the menu, give them a ring and I'd assume they could advise.

Food was very good. Bit different without trying too hard. If menu doesn't impress, try asking for the special/s.

Has ramp access and disabled toilet for those (like me) who struggle with steps.

Has a decent outside space which should be good for evening drinks or in the summer.

Wont be going regularly as we don't live near, but if the wife behaves herself we will go there again.

Looking for to trying this place a lot, the man Grayson himself has inspired me personally as a chef within my career and hope with all my heart his new venture takes off a it deserves to!

The past was yours but the futures mine

With a sig like that , your taste is impecable ....

Going on that alone , I'm booking a table for tonight .....

:D

I'm booking a table for tonight .....

Outstanding food ! , and lovely atmosphere ,charming service and very reasonable prices .

I had partridge it was gorgeous , my girlfriend had the chicken which she adored,all washed down with a nice bottle of house red.

Definately going back , and as I only live up the road , within walking distance too , this could become quite a regualr occurence.

10 out of 10 for me.

Am I right in thinking you only get two courses for £12? Baldwins offer three and all the 'bits' for £13 and the Dore Grill you get three for £13 (lunchtimes)

I haven't been yet, have to say all the revues on SF have been good. I live very local, so will give it a whirl sometime, meanwhile three courses for me at the Dore Grill!!!

Went last week, had:

Haddock starter, lamb main, amaretto dessert (£20 for three courses).

Haddock was great, it looked small when it came but the flavours (it came with like a jam or chutney thing) made me savour every mouthfull

Lamb was melt-in-the-mouth, properly cooked and a good portion.

The amaretto dessert was amazing! Very rich but so tasty. My wife couldn't finish hers. I would have been happy to oblige but I was full (which doesn't often happen, especially with restaurant-sized portions).

Honestly the best meal I've ever had. I'm no foodie but the flavours amazing!

There may be cheaper meal deals out there, but this place takes some beating as the chef obviously takes great care with his meals. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

What does anyone else who has been think? Reviews on SF are really helpful, so get on it people!