Parking a trike in Sheffield

What stops motorcyclists from having the tax disks stolen?

Is there a lockable holder for the disk? If so, could you fix another one somewhere in plain sight and stick the ticket in that?

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Hmmm, will have to find out how much it weighs. I don't think it'll be a lot really. (wondering now how to weigh my trike...!)

IIRC there's a weigh bridge @ Tankersley (not sure whether it's available to the GP though).

What stops motorcyclists from having the tax disks stolen?

nothing just need an allen key to take it off, alot of bikes keep them in there pocket or under the seat even though its against the law if you get stopped the police tolerate it because of alot getting stolen

Why not park at castle court flats, hyde park? It's camera'd up, free and there's a tram stop which is 1 stop from town, right there by the building! I know it's a few minutes from CIQ but you cna get a tram to the train station then you're just across the road(works) from it!

Originally posted by osiris

Why not park at castle court flats, hyde park? It's camera'd up, free and there's a tram stop which is 1 stop from town, right there by the building! I know it's a few minutes from CIQ but you cna get a tram to the train station then you're just across the road(works) from it!

Just cos it's camera'd up doesn't mean that it's safe. I used to stay in those flats and two cars that we had were vandalised/broken into and one was in broad daylight. Once bitten twice shy (©Great White)

Originally posted by f_g

someone says

"there was something about it in TWO a couple months back about trikes,

in that it depends on the weight anything above 410kilos = car "

"Maybe you should just park in the motorcycle bay and remove the front wheel , hence its got two wheels , it weighs less than 410kilos and the forks sticking out of the front are a huge side stand"

The weight has recently changed to 550 kilos.