I think this stinks! Meadowhall Gift Vouchers value being removed

Carly that's so sad for your daughter, what a kick in the teeth:(

Thanks for all the responses it seems people feel very strongly about this so thanks for the support and hopefully it will all go someway to getting the policy changed:)

x

I think it's fair enough.

Halibut would be care to explain why you think its fair !

I would love to know

I bought a Tuxedo card two years ago solely so that i could use it for paying for stuff online.

Didn't use it for a bit, then went and put more cash on to pay for something, turns out they where deducting the £2 mth from that and the bill even ate into the new money i had put on, all because i hadn't used it.

Tuxedo is run by the Royal bank of Scotland. Went and drew any cash left in and cancelled the card and asked for a letter of confirmation from them.

I recently bought a Meadowhall gift voucher for my 8yr old nieces birthday and instead of the paper vouchers that used to be (use within six mths ) i was given one of these cards.

Run by the same bank as Tuxedo and as they explained to me when i rang and asked why when it's a bank they are in effect charging you for being in credit. They told me it's because it is a credit card.

So people should be told by Meadowhall just what it is they are buying when they think it's just a simple gift voucher.

I personally will either buy a gift or give cash in future.

It must be soooo embarrassing to get to a checkout and find that there isn't enough cash on the giftcard to pay for the item .

If people stopped buying them then maybe they would stop selling them.

This is just another way they have found at ripping us all off. Sheer disgusting.

They didn't bother to read the small print. Hard luck.

what a nice opinion you have

Can we stick to the topic and stop bickering please?

Halibut would be care to explain why you think its fair !

I would love to know

what a nice opinion you have

I think he was put in his back in his box for trying to stir it yesterday.

I wouldnt rake it up if i were you two. I have a feeling youll get into hot water for it.

Damn, ive killed the thread. :(

10cc's of humor, STAT!!!

:lol:

i think thats disgusting and not fair at all - someone please tell watchdog!

They didn't bother to read the small print. Hard luck.

Halibut yet again being as helpful as ever :rolleyes:

I dont think its fair that £2 is taken off the gift card, I'm sure there are plenty of people who dont read the small print on gift cards.....if they do they have far too much time on their hands!!!

All I can say is it's disgusting.

Sounds like theft to me. I wonder if Trading Standards and/or the FSA are aware of it?

I think you right.

You are buying a gift card and not opening an account so the idea of taking money as an account management fee seems all wrong. Plus the card receiver/holder has made no contract with anyone. I would complain very strongly about theft.

Despite the small print, have it checked by trading standards as the writing and size of font has to conform to certain "small print" standards.

Hey, thanks for the further replies. Rockchick it's not just £2 its £2 every month that you don't spend it!!!!

x