Policeman Killed on Duty

Hello all,

I am trying to find the details of Policemen killed on duty from 1905 to 1907 in the Sheffield area.

One of them apparently is the father of a relative of mine but was killed before he could marry the mother of my relative. I am supposeing there won't be too many possibilities, but can't find a lead on where to look.

Any help will be greatfully accepted.

Regards,

Cliff

Thanks for that Cream Bun, As you say - nothing in the time frame.

do you know the officer in question??? look for death details on free-BMD etc if you can narrow down a time of death you can check local newspapers at central library!!

Sorry just realised your in OZ??? maybe somebody in Sheffield can look up any newspaper details for you if you do know more specific's.

Or try the library by email, they have been very good at giving me copies of paper details for a family members suicide, but given that i knew dates due to death certificate!

Edited by Gingerbarf

Thanks for that Gingerbarf,

Unfortunately I don't know the blokes name, that is why I was looking for a site/association that may provide me with a list. I doubt there will be many on the list in this period.

If I can get that I can run it down through FreeBMD.

Thanks for the thoughts and your taking the trouble to post, if you think of any other suggestions I am all ears.

Regards,

Cliff

my only other suggestion at this time is that if he had any children with the mother of your relation (obviously before he had time to marry) a birth certificate for that child?? either that or was he a policeman from the sheffield area but not killed in Sheffield???

other than that try contacting South Yorks police themselves maybe they can shed some light??

Hello all,

I am trying to find the details of Policemen killed on duty from 1905 to 1907 in the Sheffield area.

One of them apparently is the father of a relative of mine but was killed before he could marry the mother of my relative. I am supposeing there won't be too many possibilities, but can't find a lead on where to look.

Any help will be greatfully accepted.

Regards,

Cliff

If you know the name of the child of this policeman there's a possibility that the child's birth certificate has him named as the father even though he ws deceased at the time of the child's birth, have you seen the child's birth certificate to rule out that possibility?

Regards,

Duffems

Thanks for that Duffems.

I have the sons birth certificate but the fathers name is left blank.

Begining to think my best chance might be the force. The son served in the police for a number of years, that frankly is what lends the story credence else I would consider this a wild goose chase. It may well yet prove to be that.

Regards,

Cliff

Thanks for that Duffems.

I have the sons birth certificate but the fathers name is left blank.

Begining to think my best chance might be the force. The son served in the police for a number of years, that frankly is what lends the story credence else I would consider this a wild goose chase. It may well yet prove to be that.

Regards,

Cliff

Did the son have his natural father's surname?

Regards,

Duffems

Would have been too easy wouldn't it? Unfortunately he was named for his mother

Cheers,

Cliff