Bland, Generic Pop Music - Why Do People Like It?

Im also in the minority. Give me Frank Sinatra any day.!:) He just stood there and sang. ! No gimmicks.
Sinatra had real talent, but the greatest of all is Tony Bennet. I went to see him at a concert at the University of Connecticut two years ago. He sang non stop for over two hours. In the old days they had to sing their hearts out because recording quality wasn't very good. Now we have very good recording but poor talent. Every singer seems to need eight or nine dancers to succeed.

Steer well clear of anything discribed has an Antham, Choon or Phat!

Steer well clear of anything discribed has an Antham, Choon or Phat!

So that's Galaxy's playlist gotten rid of then.

We've started having Hallam FM on at work due to the crap reception of Radio 2. I must say that it's driving me mad, due in no small part to the amount of pointless drivel on there.

Up until even a decade ago, the charts had a bit of variety and, even now there's a few bands and artists that still have some talent that creep in, but for the most part it's just bland electro beats with some mediocre singing on top.

How can people like this stuff? Where's the depth? The passion? The creativity? Is all that matters in music these days just whether you're pretty and look good, stuff the musical talent?

Since when did it all become so pointless and inane?

i blame the friggin x factor and the drivel that simon bowell has put through as music artistes, you cant get more bland and crap than x factor