Hillsborough Park - Poorly duck

Am in hillsborough park right now. There's a duck with a load of fishing wire tangled round its leg. It can't put weight on the leg and its massively swollen. Its obviously in a great deal of distress. Just don't know what to do for it. I don't believe it'll survive much longer. I've tried feeding it but I think its just too ill. I can't even phone RSPCA and give a description as I don't know what breed it is. its not a Mallard or a morehen neither is it one of those big black and grey things. I'm at a loss what to do.

So lets get this right, you can put post on the Sheffield Forum but not make a telephone call to someone from Hillsborough Park.

I would have thought the logical step would have been alerting the passer by to the plight of the duck, and then asking if they had a mobile to use to contact the RSPCA

So lets get this right, you can put post on the Sheffield Forum but not make a telephone call to someone from Hillsborough Park.

I would have thought the logical step would have been alerting the passer by to the plight of the duck, and then asking if they had a mobile to use to contact the RSPCA

Read the thread from start to finish. I did ring the RSPCA From the park on Sunday. Been back today and no action has been taken. Now take your foot out your mouth >removed<

Edited by Ms Macbeth
language

Read the thread from start to finish. I did ring the RSPCA From the park on Sunday. Been back today and no action has been taken. Now take your foot out your mouth and your head out of your a**e

Thats not a very nice thing to say

The reason I posted was to get a number for RSPCA, as my phone wouldn't let me Google. Some kind posters did exactly that and they were IMMEDIATELY informed about the duck.

Oh but its ok for you to throw around completely untrue claims that I left an animal suffering because I didn't want to make a call from my phone? No that's not nice and not even factual so apology accepted.

Just been reading through this thread and come to the conclusion YOUR ALL QUACKERS.

I hope the duck gets sorted, as avery keen angler I also think anyone, angler, dog walker, child minder etc etc etc etc who don't use the bins and leave their rubbish, crap etc behind should be banned from public parks.

no but they deserved it, like she said read the thread first and not just take cheap shots at people, she was trying to help a hurt animal

i am upset taht nothing has been done, but PLEASE report it again it may just have got misplaced or lost in admin or something

Angler's should respect other animals as much as they do the fish they catch. That's what my dad says and hes an angler, never leaves rubbish or line cuttings behind.

is the bird easy to get too? (i dont know the pond or area)

i have had a bit of experience with birds (hehe) and the feathered type so if its easy to get to i dont mind trying to get hold of it

sounds like the rspca are trying to duck the issue here.

i guess they wouldnt want to foot the bill...........

poorley ducks shud be put down and ate