Damp survey/work

Afternoon.

Having just purchased a new house, there are a few damp issues in the property. Could be rising damp, guttering problems, condensation or something else, maybe a combination of all.

Anyone know the procedure? Do I get an independent damp survey done which may or may not cost money to know the problems before getting quotes for the work, or just contact a damp proofing company/guttering person to give me quotes and assume they will be honest as to if it needs doing?

Also any recommendations of reliable companies to do this?

Many thanks

J

more than happy to do a free no obligation quote for the guttering

Where damp occurs can often give a clue as to what the problem is and it isn't usually rocket science to figure it out for yourself.

As the house has just been purchased you don't know if the previous owner has already solved the problems.

hi some times it could as simple as guttering needs replacing or if you got a cellar check it out , i be happy to give free advice ta jeff

Ta, well problems are multiple.

Some paint coming off walls on ground floor, smell of damp in cupboards in kitchen, first floor front bedroom damp on walls (possible old problem now resolved), mold on window sills (possible condensation).

Back bedroom smell of damp and wallpaper peeling off.

I'm hoping just guttering would solve most problem.

There is a damp proof course from the 70's but might be bit out of date.

No work done in past two years on house.

Will do some more inquiring

Ta

J