X Factor 2010 Thread

Rebecca was winning until they went live to Liverpool. The screeching from the scousers - particularly from Coleen Notalent - burst everyone's eardrums, shattered TV screens and set off dogs howling.

Me too! If Galaxy chocolate could sing it would have Becca's voice. When she sings loud she sings loud but when Matt sings loud it's almost like shouting.

I do hope Becca gets a great deal and as Louis said she is the only one of the acts that will appeal internationally. To me she is the UK's answer to Randy Crawford - her sound is very similar.

swarfendor43

Agreed-and Aretha Franklin.

If the X-Factor was really about finding a true talent the winner wouldn't need to sing a cover.

If the X-Factor was really about finding a true talent the winner wouldn't need to sing a cover.

True talent finds its own way without the need for X-Factor - but there can be those who are talented but don't know how to go about it and X-Factor is possibly the equivalent of a sliced loaf - it's the 'easy' option, but having to perform week in week out knowing that you could be a 'wannabe' at the end of it all must be demoralising. Perhaps more should be made of 'Open Workshops' (A bit like Linux!) and assistance from the likes of http://www.jamendo.com.

swarfendor43

And yet, I found out tonight that when Mary got kicked out, she actually had a higher score on the phone vote than Cher did.

If Cowell hadnt changed the rules at the very last minute, Mary would have stayed and Cher would have gone...

And yet, I found out tonight that when Mary got kicked out, she actually had a higher score on the phone vote than Cher did.

If Cowell hadnt changed the rules at the very last minute, Mary would have stayed and Cher would have gone...

Cher would have gone weeks ago if Syco (Cowell's company) had the guts to follow the same changes that Strictly had made - let the viewer's decide - after all its the public that are potential buyers of whoever wins X-Factor. Somebody commented on Radio Sheffield this am that those who win don't last long unless they have exceptional talent like Will Young and quite a few of the runners up have made a career so it doesn't always follow. Mary was superb.

swarfendor43

Nice one! And looking at the photo of Simon Cowell's right arm you could well have uncovered "The Missing Link"!:hihi:

swarfendor43

cher has been signed by will.i.am, not a bad pair, both cant sing :hihi:

one direction signed by cowell (who didnt see that coming)

The campaign to get

Surfin Bird

Cage against the machine

and even the original song by Biffy Clyro to number 1 is going well.

The campaign to get

Surfin Bird

Cage against the machine

and even the original song by Biffy Clyro to number 1 is going well.

Isn't it a pity such a campaign could not be used to get Cameron from No.10!!!:hihi:

swarfendor43