X Factor 2010 Thread

When they take the remote of the woman and allow her to watch Quest/Dave/BBC2 with them. :hihi:

Against my own will (the wife.....honestly!) I have been watching the X Factor. I have to be honest, I have seen about 3 people that actually have got something about them. But to my astonishment, Simon Cowell has got them singing Poker Face........... One of the girls I like has got a really cool husky, soulful jazz style voice & she is singing effin Poker Face?!?!?!?

When are people gonna stop buying into this junk & let music progress as an art form, naturally, by people who have love & passion, for music & not for fame!!!??? :rant:

It doesn't have to be an art form though. It's also just a form of entertainment that doesn't necessarily have to be taken seriously.

It doesn't have to be an art form though. It's also just a form of entertainment that doesn't necessarily have to be taken seriously.

You are so wrong! It's an art form that is entertaining!!

Why should some of the people who audition have to sing songs that they would never normally sing??

you mean you dont take

seriously? :(

My OH has it on and I look at it thinking "I would her" and I deffo would her"...just like I do when I thumb through a brand new Freemans catalogue.

you mean you dont take
seriously? :(

The I'm a cider drinker song is being played out in front of a live CHILD audience :hihi::)

The I'm a cider drinker song is being played out in front of a live CHILD audience :hihi::)

yeah i saw that :P

shouldve been live in a bus shelter tbh, i also found their version of the kaiser chiefs ruby lol

Against my own will (the wife.....honestly!) I have been watching the X Factor. I have to be honest, I have seen about 3 people that actually have got something about them. But to my astonishment, Simon Cowell has got them singing Poker Face........... One of the girls I like has got a really cool husky, soulful jazz style voice & she is singing effin Poker Face?!?!?!?

When are people gonna stop buying into this junk & let music progress as an art form, naturally, by people who have love & passion, for music & not for fame!!!??? :rant:

Here we go again, another case of forum jealousy :loopy:

Didn't you make it past the first round, it was probably that chicken dance that lost it for you.

Better luck next year :loopy:

"X Factor is a pathetic joke"

...and in other news The Pope remained a Catholic today, bears shat in some woods and someone started a thread on Sheffield Forum asking what the police helicopter was doing overhead.

Some of the singers what the judges reckon are good sound like screeching cats...

All of which I agree with but music is not just an art form. Its a commodity like any other. Packaged, sanitised, distributed and sold by record companies and its always been that way. Basically from the time artists realised they made more money by appealing to the most people. All X factor is is a bit more blatant but its not really any different to Elvis wearing a nice suit on TV

Thanks to the OP for this thread, I agree!

I mentioned to the missus that you could have recorded last years x factor and it would have been exactly the same, the all pull the same faces same quotes etc etc.

I was watching that must be the music final with talented judges on it. That seemed are more appropriate talent show, xfactor comes across as a ridiculous entertainment program. Not just that, some people cant live without it on there Saturday night programming.