Nerja for Sheffields Tourists

eyup jack never heard either of you complain whilst you were pouring ¨them down your necks !!!! :hihi::thumbsup: and you got to see the blades live sat 3pm kick off...not mentioning the score tho !!!

WE WERE ROBBED everyone who saw the game agreed :roll:.

i probably charged him double tho´!! lol:hihi:

Where abouts are you in Nerja? I'm sure I've seen the name of your place in passing, we were there three weeks ago but tend to go in the El Puilgilla and Los Barrills where we go twice every year. I'll give you a try if you let me know where you are (in relation to the Balcon)

Reminds me of times gone by. I had a boat in Benemadena and sailed up the coast to places like Corsica then back again but Nerja didn't have a harbour so we could never stop. One day while i was parked in a little fishing harbour an English couple came by in a small boat and we became friends. They had just bought a villa on the hillside by the cave in Nirja but like us they were keen on sailing. We took them on trips to Gibralar and back and they got the bug, they bought a liveaboard in Gib. and we sailed together for about 7 years, mostly round the Balearics and to Sardinia but always wintered in Spain.

Love Spain, best weather on earth and the best people. We live in Florida now but it's not a patch on Spain, so if you ever get itchy feet just hang in there and stay put.

Hi worked in the Big Tree in my younger days, I live now about 40 minutes from Nerja, got to say haven't been to your bar but boy have you got a better way of life than the big tree. Must call in next time I am in Nerja.

:confused:Where do you live in Spain? I have a house in a mountain village near Competa

Hi worked in the Big Tree in my younger days, I live now about 40 minutes from Nerja, got to say haven't been to your bar but boy have you got a better way of life than the big tree. Must call in next time I am in Nerja.

Hi, yes I live in a small villa,on a track off the road out past the Venta de Palma. been here almost 3 years now.

coming down to nerja on the 6th of august , is there any chance of the utd v oldham game being shown ?

If BRI can get it on screen then i can assure you it will be on but be warned it is NOT an easy walk back to your hotel after he has F***ED your head up TOP BAR and STAFF please pass my regards on to everyone UTB FTO :thumbsup: .

As this is an old thread, and last time I was in Nerja, many bars had closed down, is this place still open? I'm out there the end of October and would like to give it a try. Where abouts in town is it?

definately open !!! the bar has only closed 4 times in 8 1/2 years .

dont think theres much chance of oldham game being on.there will be a live championship game on more than likely at 4 pm sat ,sky sports news will be on in the corner to keep up with the scores ,also a friendly game at the same time ,cant remember which as i´m not at work today (for the people that know me ,i´m up to working 4 days a week now !!).the bar is on castilla perez (the one with an outside terrace),most locals know it ,the street going down to torrecilla beach.

hope you´re well jack,i´ll pass on your regards.nice to see some of the pre match haunts opening up again.i´ll see you in one of them on 16 october :thumbsup:

Edited by malagablade
spelling

by the way ,theres quite a few new bars opened and new shops also.some are doing really well.some of the non spanish bars have been taken over by the spanish and are doing really well. so many want to leave "the dream",but sadly they have a bash at a business thats not as easy as many think it is .

As this is an old thread, and last time I was in Nerja, many bars had closed down, is this place still open? I'm out there the end of October and would like to give it a try. Where abouts in town is it?

by the way ,theres quite a few new bars opened and new shops also.some are doing really well.some of the non spanish bars have been taken over by the spanish and are doing really well. so many want to leave "the dream",but sadly they have a bash at a business thats not as easy as many think it is .

It's never been easy, we know a guy and his wife who worked 364 days a year, 10:00 am to 02:00 am, for 5 years. In the interim they built a villa and then sold the bar for a good price and retired, and by god they deserved to.

Good to hear that. The wife and I generally go in the El Pulguila and Los Barrillos, but we'll search you out in October. Are you down that street that runs down to the beach opposite the Mexican Restaurant. If I remember correctly there is a bar called Linda's on the right hand side?