Travelling to Spain by coach

does anyone know how you go about doing this, which coach companies do this journey, and is it better to hire your own coach with driver, then book ferry seperatly? iv been on google for ages now an getting nowhere.:help:

Try a company called Siesta travel. Went with them, admittedly 10 years ago, but it was a good holiday. Went to northern spain. The reps and staff were great. Long time on the coach, but it wasn't too bad. The holiday was worth the travel.

hi thanks, i dnt want to book a holiday, as accomodation is booked seperatly. just the coach and ferry. do they do this?

Why on earth would you want to do that? :loopy:

Especially when flights are probably cheaper

Why on earth would you want to do that? :loopy:

Especially when flights are probably cheaper

Maybe ammas doesn't like flying?

Have you looked at Eurolines ( part of National Expess Coaches) operate services into Europe in partnership with other private coach companies in Europe.The UK hub is London Victoria Coach Station. Eurolines is a franchise company under licence to NEG.

I remember when Carnells Coaches were the first ones to do the Spain run, just how long does it take to go by coach ?

Ferries coach travel.

We went with them years ago think they still travel now :o).

What about going by train?

We "coached" to Calella in Northern Spain with Clarksons about 6 years ago. Although the coach operators were very professional it is not an experience that I would like to repeat. We stayed overnight on the way there, but on the return journey we did not. The return journey took 24 hours with limited stops at very busy and expensive services.

Travelled this way to South of France and Italy and it was great. You see so much more obviously and have more time to pal up with fellow travellers. It can be a bit of a drag and back achey but its worth it. There are two drivers and they have a bunk under the floor next to the luggage. The coach has a toilet,hot drinks machine and cold drinks and snacks. There are stops about every 2-3 hours. Driving through the night you grab a bit of rest and then have a kip on the sunbed at the side of the pool when you arrive,brill!!

Not sure if there is just a charter coach as our trips were package but if you have enough people i think i have seen Shearings long distance coaches on the Ferry. Maybe you could privately hire one of those...

The trip down is all part of the holiday, the trip back is a nightmare unless you are limited by cost or fear of flying I wouldn’t do it 24hrs on a coach isn’t fun believe me.