Meadowhall apple store - iphone 4

If your goin to jailbreak dont buy from apple store. Wait for someone who needs to get rid of theirs, as you cant take yousr back to apple if jail broken so might as well buy unopnend but cheap.

I'm pretty sure iTunes restore would sort that ;-)

The way the stock situation is at the moment, you'll be lucky to get one at all, never mind being picky about the firmware version.

If it's any help I got one from an O2 store yesterday, it had come in that morning and had 4.0.1 on it.

Guessing this is locked to o2 though, right? No good to me as I need to use on Tmob. I called Apple Meadowhall a couple of times recently and they had the 32GB one in, but not the more popular 16GB.

4.0.2 stops the PDF exploit from working - so jailbreakme will NOT work on 4.0.2.

You'll need to either downgrade or use Redsn0w to jb on 4.0.2

So JB can be achieved with Redsnow on the latest version?

Yes they disabled it, but patches CAN be applied to allow it to work again.

Interested to hear more on this for sure - can you elaborate?

Mod Note: talk of how to jailbreak iPhones is against forum policy, please refrain from any further discussion... you can say "my phones jailbroken blah blah" but not give any clues or indication on how to jailbreak.

I thought things would be more relaxed not jailbreaking has been 'legalised' and is no longer frowned upon?

I thought things would be more relaxed not jailbreaking has been 'legalised' and is no longer frowned upon?

Me too .. i posted about the PS3 Jailbreak and it was Removed .. :(

Me too .. i posted about the PS3 Jailbreak and it was Removed .. :(

THAT I can understand, but the whole iPhone jailbreaking thing is no longer the issue it was to those that matter, so curious to know why we can't talk cant it here?

You can't jailbreaks them anyway as the new OS stops it.

Anyways, I have an iPhone 4 and love it. I hated the 3gs as the battery was rubbish, the calls kept cutting out and it looked dated after just a few months. My new iPhone 4 is totally different in regards to reliability. I love it.

Let us know what you think if you get one :)

cheers pmart, that's good to know. I had the 3gs and would have kept it but for the forced restore which meant I lost my jailbreak. That's what I don't like about Apple, the control they have over the device by forcing you to use itunes.

Thinking of going for the iphone 4 regardless. Chances are it'll be 4.0.2 but I guess I can sit tight til 4.1 and the subsequent jailbreak is released :)

That is of course, IF I can get hold of one!

It doesn't come with 4.0.2 - I bought mine 2 weeks ago ;)

Edited by pmart4
typo

It doesn't come with 4.0.2 - I bought mine 2 weeks ago ;)

Two weeks is a long time in tech terms. As 4.0.2 is Apple's answer to the jailbreak exploit I'd suspect all latest stock will be 4.0.2. I'd love to be wrong though!

Edited by pc-med

Guessing this is locked to o2 though, right? No good to me as I need to use on Tmob. I called Apple Meadowhall a couple of times recently and they had the 32GB one in, but not the more popular 16GB.

Yes but I imagine if new stock at the O2 store is still on 4.0.1 the Apple store stuff probably would be too.

Anyway, Apple's record on security is awful, there will always be another exploit round the corner.

Yes but I imagine if new stock at the O2 store is still on 4.0.1 the Apple store stuff probably would be too.

Anyway, Apple's record on security is awful, there will always be another exploit round the corner.

Fair point, I'll see if I can bag one tomorrow and find out. Not holding my breath for stock levels though :-/

Mod Note: talk of how to jailbreak iPhones is against forum policy, please refrain from any further discussion... you can say "my phones jailbroken blah blah" but not give any clues or indication on how to jailbreak.

Can you explain why its against forum rules? It's not illegal. It may invalidate your warranty, but so can fitting a hard drive in your PC yourself. Is getting advice on that against forum rules too?

This post may sound sarcastic, but I honestly really want to know the reason for it.