Meadowhall apple store - iphone 4

anyone bought an iphone 4 from the apple store in meadowhall in the last few days? Can you tell me what software version it is and if you bought 16 or 32gb?

Want to buy one but no good if I can't jailbreak!

Anyone know current stock situation?

to be honest i suspect they are all the latest version now anyhow

ringing them will tell me stock levels, it won't tell me what software version it is, hence the request for anyone who has bought one.

ringing them will tell me stock levels, it won't tell me what software version it is, hence the request for anyone who has bought one.
If they can't tell you what version of software is on a product they are selling, I think I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

as the phones come sealed I would doubt the staff even know. The likelihood is they will have been told to say the latest when asked due to the jailbreak exploit anyway.

as the phones come sealed I would doubt the staff even know. The likelihood is they will have been told to say the latest when asked due to the jailbreak exploit anyway.

As I said, if they can't (or won't) tell you, go elsewhere that will.

If your goin to jailbreak dont buy from apple store. Wait for someone who needs to get rid of theirs, as you cant take yousr back to apple if jail broken so might as well buy unopnend but cheap.

The jailbreakme solution can be re-enabled on the latest 4.02 firmware.. so its nothing too much to worry about..

The way the stock situation is at the moment, you'll be lucky to get one at all, never mind being picky about the firmware version.

If it's any help I got one from an O2 store yesterday, it had come in that morning and had 4.0.1 on it.

The jailbreakme solution can be re-enabled on the latest 4.02 firmware.. so its nothing too much to worry about..

4.0.2 stops the PDF exploit from working - so jailbreakme will NOT work on 4.0.2.

You'll need to either downgrade or use Redsn0w to jb on 4.0.2

Edited by PC Brigade

4.0.2 stops the PDF exploit from working - so jailbreakme will NOT work on 4.0.2.

You'll need to either downgrade or use Redsn0w to jb on 4.0.2

Yes they disabled it, but patches CAN be applied to allow it to work again.