Little boys dancing?

Is this a good idea? My hubby would say no, but he copies his sister and she goes every week. A song they like comes on the television and they both prance about. He is only 3 so may well grow out of it, but could also be the next Billy Elliot...

What are you asking? Do you mean do we think boys shouldn't be allowed to dance? What would girls do for partners if they weren't? :confused:

Is this a good idea? My hubby would say no, but he copies his sister and she goes every week. A song they like comes on the television and they both prance about. He is only 3 so may well grow out of it, but could also be the next Billy Elliot...

i know plenty of adult dancers that have been doing it since they were toddlers, one of which is at uni to become a doctor, 1 now works at blackpools funny girls (drag act) and the other 2 keep up the lessons for exercise.

my hubby used to run a boxing club back in blackpool and 2 of the lads there did ballet and the stretching and core fitness of ballet is out standing and really helped them with there boxing.

personaly don't think there's anything wrong in boys dancing but not to keen on seeing them in lycra!

there is always things like modern, street dancing and hip hop aswell as ballet and tap.

at a guess i'd say your hubby's proberly not to sure as his thinking its likely to turn him a bit feminine but out of the ones i mentioned only one is feminine and the others are very much manly to be honest if i hadn't seen them dancing i wouldn't believe they did.

your sons a child and just wanted to have fun so if he wants to dance i'd let him :)

There is one lone boy at my girls class. I take the view that if is fun and keeps him fit, it's all good! Hubby thinking we should be encouraging football, wrestling etc etc.

There is one lone boy at my girls class. I take the view that if is fun and keeps him fit, it's all good! Hubby thinking we should be encouraging football, wrestling etc etc.

would it be an option to do both dancing and something a bit more boy-ish?

i can see from your hubby's point of view as i think most dads want there boys to be boys and girls to be girls, but personal opinion is with you on the its fun and keeps him fit so no harm.

my hubby struggled with it when our daughter started boxing as his also in the seperate activites for each mind set, she does do several types of dancing as well though so his not to concerned over it.

Dancing and football prob good option. Will have to get the OT in!

I'd encourage him to keep dancing. My little boy used to go to dancing class (and he was the only boy) but then he just decided to stop, which I was disappointed about. It's excellent exercise and good fun.

Go for it! My nephew used to do ballet lessons, its a great way of keeping fit! Point out to your hubby that theres some good jobs for dancers and not quite as much competition for males! :D

Let him do it.... he may decide soon he doesn't want to but tons of boys give it a go and enjoy it.. there were 2 boys danced with us when we were kids, they were better than me and did it to teen years!