Joy riders hillsborough park

Why don't they just make a nice meeting point for these boy racers?

They do, I beleive theres a place in Rotherham for these so called "cruisers"

Why don't they just make a nice meeting point for these boy racers?

edge of a nice 1000ft cliff:)

Too expensive to put the gates on, how much is it costing them in repairs to lights etc?

they arent repairing the lights all the other lights that have been smashed have not been rapaired looks like they have given up on them

Stop calling the 101 number call 999 and say you hear gun shots, when they arrive say may just have been a car back firing.

your welcome.

I am totaly against vandalism but why are lights needed there in the first place , which other parks have them ?

I know for certain Endcliffe Park has lights. Mount Pleasant Park does, too.

tell me about it! Short of moving what else can ya do? Council say gates too expensive to put back on and even if they did, there would be no-one to lock them each night. I agree the lights have been a total waste of time, they were never on the same circuit timer anyway, some came on while others went out...

anyone got a good pair of earmuffs? Or even better a spare pistol?

Why doesn't the council put huge boulders up instead of expensive gates thus preventing tumble weed from driving their crappy Vectras in the park?

Maybe they'd scrape their knuckles on them and be able to sue the council?

haha good idea BD - I would if I thought it would still do any good!

Makes me laugh when police patrol cars (very very occasionally) stop by for a quick look around and the boy racers sit quietly until they are gone...

Yesterday was a great example of police competency - a funfair currently occupying the grass next to the car park was in full swing - the police were already there patrolling the fair and a couple of joy riders suddenly decided to amuse themselves and have a few 360 degree spins - and guess what the police did? Yep, nothing!:hihi:

I am totaly against vandalism but why are lights needed there in the first place , which other parks have them ?

So its safer to walk through the park at night.

It looks bad with the smashed lights. They should repair them with perspex covers instead of glass ones so they can't be smashed. Surely it can't cost that much?

Is anyone else sick and tired of the countless screeching of tires and loud music booming out at all hours in Hillsborough park? It's enough to drive me crazy and no-one seems to give a toss. I've lost count of the number of times I've phoned the police on that 101 number (that I swear they don't even take notice of) to report the make/model/colour etc.

The idiots arrive in 3-4 cars each night, screech around, beep their horns, play loud music and all this in the early hours when people neeeeed to sleep!!

I even went to a council meeting about it in Hillsborough park a year or so ago where they listened to residents views on the problems and had suggestions like putting another gate on & locking it at certain times (which apparently is too expensive for them) or even landscaping the carpark was a suggestion.

Now a year or so later, what have they done about it?!? **** ALL!

:mad:

I can hear it at night sometimes. I thought it was in Morrisons car park. The tyre screeching sounds echoey to me, so I thought it might be in the lower deck of the car park.

its the same gang who used to be in Morrisons - until Morrisons had the sense to put speed ramps around their car parks - council -> TAKE NOTE

its the same gang who used to be in Morrisons - until Morrisons had the sense to put speed ramps around their car parks - council -> TAKE NOTE

You can still drive around the car park and not hit speed bumps. Unless there is a speed bump for every empty spot.

Please no, council, don't take note. I hate speed bumps.

I don't know why they cant just landscape the whole carpark and have raised borders / parking bays - that would solve a lot of the problem!!

As expected, another customary 1am skid show again last night :rant: