Making a complaint about a black hackney taxi driver

I know the feeling, very similar happened to me. As you have the registration numbers and witnesses and the fact he ran a red light almost causing a serious accident I would report the incident to the police. Maybe he wont get charged but it should shake him up a bit if the police contact him and make him realise he can't get away with this sort of 'road rage' attitude as a supposedly professional driver!

That's my point fourchairs, he's supposed to be a professional driver

Assuming he even has a licence that is......

Its not unknown for the owner/driver to hire their cabs out to family members etc.

Why not put his details up on here, shame him sort of thing. I have to say I've been taxis where the driver has been going so fast I had to tell him to slow down and remind him of the speed limit, at other times the driver didn't have a clue when I gave him my address I had to tell him the way.:(

I see there is an emphasis on him being a taxi driver. Not a white van driver or a driver of any other commercial vehicle but a hackney driver. Have you any idea what these drivers have to endure? The shear ignorance and selfishness they have to take off people is enough to send them over the edge.

Give the man a break, he's probably had some sado in his cab, had a runner, someone spew up on his seats or take the usual verbal abuse. We all have our breaking points but pointing out that he is a hackney driver seems a bit predudice to me.

Oh and by the way, maybe it was his customers in the cab what made him crack up!

Dont get me started on hackney cab drivers!!! A lot of the drivers have recently come to this country, dont know the road, drive like maniacs and put their passengers at risk. I got one the other day, he ran a red light at rush hour and took me a very weird and long way home............I stopped him and as he couldnt speak much English just kept saying rude (when I wasnt even raising my voice but did when he told me I was rude)!!! He went on about Sat Nav and I tried to tell him not to rely on that as he would have many more 'rude' and unhappy customers!!!

As for where you report it, surely if you phone the council they can help???

I see there is an emphasis on him being a taxi driver. Not a white van driver or a driver of any other commercial vehicle but a hackney driver. Have you any idea what these drivers have to endure? The shear ignorance and selfishness they have to take off people is enough to send them over the edge.

Give the man a break, he's probably had some sado in his cab, had a runner, someone spew up on his seats or take the usual verbal abuse. We all have our breaking points but pointing out that he is a hackney driver seems a bit predudice to me.

Oh and by the way, maybe it was his customers in the cab what made him crack up!

They have a job to do.....they get paid for it.....safety and pleasentness should always come first when dealing with paying customers.

Think about it, we all deal with 'ignorant, selfish' people in most customer facing job, you still have to be professional though!!!

The chances are hes didnt have some idiot in his cab, they just think they rule the roads!!!

They were closed when I got in. I thought someone would be able to give me some website details for the correct place to channel a written complaint.

That's no excuse for putting other peoples lives at risk by dangerous driving. It's very possible that the dangerous driving was captured by the University cctv worth asking security.

Roll on the day when all cars are fitted with working cameras by law .

My point is it is directed at a specific kind of motorist. But lets look at it your way. Lets teach him a lesson he wont forget. Find him and take his hackney licence off him! That will show him. Put him out of work and make him wish he had not upset you! Pathetic.

Think of it this way. If you in your employment somehow upset me, how would you like it if I had the power to get you sacked. Now that would be unfair wouldn't it? But there again your case would be different you are not a taxi driver. Well how about the assistant in GT news at Crosspool yesterday who completely ignored me because she was in a deep conversation with her friends? Get her sacked, ignorant cow. Then there's the sexist staff at the Lyceum. Yes they are! They only serve women. Sussed them out years ago so I take the wife to the bar with me, she always gets served. Sack the lot of them their useless! And as for the bar staff at the Showroom don't even bother giving them the pleasure of ignoring you, its faster to up the road to the Rutland Arms. Sack the lot of them and shut the bar down. Then there the Little Chef up the A1. Went in , sat down and got completely ignored so after half an hour of watching them serve people who came in after me I simply walked out and went further on the the O.K Diner. Sack that lot at the Little Chef. Teach them all a lesson they wont forget, upset me and they will be sacked!

Oh! don't forget to shoot all the rude people visiting Meadowhall as well at Christmas. Crossing my path and not moving to one side as I approach them. Take them outside and machine gun them all. That will teach them a lesson as well. In fact anyone one who is having a bad day and expresses it. Teach them a big lesson so they wont show their feelings. Mind you if people can upset us at all and we can instantly seek revenge then perhaps that will make us happy again a life would be so beautiful.

I am on the road all the time and get cut up, swore at, sign language etc. That's life, get on with it. But this is anti taxi driver. Yes he may be in a public job but not face to face but people talking to the back of his head while he's busy looking where he is going. There are people who simply don't like taxi drivers. Being in the presence of one brings an attitude out of people. You are in this shell of a cab with a person you don't like for the only reason he is a taxi driver even though he may not be doing anything wrong.

No, there is only so much crap someone can take but in this drivers case maybe he should have had an early day

Reminds me of the days at school. Upset a girl and she runs to teacher and the boy gets it!