Should I get a tattoo or piercing?

Number of intelligent, successful people with tattoos or piercing - none.

How do you define intelligent / successful?

Do you just mean famous folks?

I work with a number of intelligent people. Fortunately they are intelligent enough to realise that just having a tattoo does not put you into a certain class of person.

A number of the same people do have tattoos/piercings.

Stephen Hawking, David Attenborough, Bill Gates, Stephen Fry.....do these people have tattoos or piercings?

I wouldn't be surprised if Attenborough had picked up a (genuine) tribal tattoo on his travels somewhere. I've only ever seen Fry wearing shirts/trousers so all I know is he has chosen not to get one on his face/hands.

You're confusing celebrity with success and intelligence. Do you really think David Beckham is the most intelligent man in Britain or that Angelina Jolie is anything more than a pretty face?

How successfull are you then comapred to tattooed thicko David Beckham and just a pretty face Angelina ?

How successfull are you then comapred to tattooed thicko David Beckham and just a pretty face Angelina ?

Hmmm. I notice he's gone very quiet all of a sudden and scuttled off to post his negative, contradictory crap on lots of other threads instead. What an incredibly frustrated little fella he must be.

Has the OP made a decision yet?

With a username like her's I doubt it!!!!

Judging by the other thread she started it sounds like she's having a mid life crisis.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6494668

Hopefully she'll grow out of it. The only thing worse than young people defacing themselves with tattoos and piercings is middle aged people doing the same in a desperate attempt to cling onto their youth.

The only thing worse than young people defacing themselves with tattoos and piercings is middle aged people harping on about young people defacing themselves with tattoos and piercings

agree totally

Each to their own. Some people love them some people think they're hideous as we've seen. Its you who has to decide and live with it.

Getting back to the 'you will regret it later in life' as several have said. Been to visit my Mother in hospital recently and in the bed next to her was a lady about in her early 60's. She had several tattoos going down her arms. Most had the usual love hearts and names but one I notice said 'Rolling Stones rocks'.

Now pardon me but I thought she looked a bit 'common'. But in her day having a tattoo with wording was the norm and the fashion but made her today show her age if thats the right word.

I have noticed some pretty nice artwork on some of todays young women and it looks tastefully done but what the fashion is today could turn out to be tomorrows embarrassment.

On another note, I worked with a lad in the late 70's who had got drunk and had Frankenstein stitches done over his forehead and bolt in his neck and also a dotted line across his throat with the word 'cut' above the line and 'here' below the line. What a sight! :hihi:

Always wondered if he had had them removed if possible.

I have both but if unsure i'd say piercings... they would be my preference anyway... go for it!

if you want tattoo, just do it, you can rmoval it when you don't like it.

Now pardon me but I thought she looked a bit 'common'. But in her day having a tattoo with wording was the norm and the fashion but made her today show her age if thats the right word.

Did you ask her if she regretted them though ?