Should I get a tattoo or piercing?

Both my grandads had tattoos, but then were both in the armed forces, I don't think either of them regretted having them done, they certainly never covered them up.

Personally I cant understand worrying about what will happen "when your old", you might drop dead in 10 years and never get to be old, so you might as well enjoy yourself now.

this really sums up my outlook on life, im only 27 and have been through more than alot will ever go through in a life time.

if someone wants a tattoo or piercing thats their choice and to be honest no biggie.

most people have tattoos where they can easily be hidden if need be anyway, other than the face hands and neck (where a lot of tattooist wont do anyway) so wouldn't impose on employment.

also older people that had there tattoos done 30 years or so ago are proberly regreting them more because the detail and quality wasn't as good back then as the techniques and equipment used today than because they simply have a tat.

Now that Labour are out, and after the NEXT election, when there will be a Tory government proper, hopefully some standards in the world of work will return, and all these people who had visible tattoos done in places such as their hands, lower arms, and even on their god damn faces during the anything goes Blair years, might suddenly find themselves quite enemployable :lol:

True, my place of work rely heavily on the current Government to who they employ and who they don't. I mean, what private company doesn't look to the Government when employing? :loopy:

Now that Labour are out, and after the NEXT election, when there will be a Tory government proper, hopefully some standards in the world of work will return, and all these people who had visible tattoos done in places such as their hands, lower arms, and even on their god damn faces during the anything goes Blair years, might suddenly find themselves quite enemployable :lol:

LOL - Yeah, I can realy see that happening.

Number of intelligent, successful people with tattoos or piercing - none.

Number of chav lowlife with tattoos or piercings - millions.

What does that tell you?

Still, it's your choice.

What does that tell you?

Still, it's your choice.

Evidence for such drivvle?

Evidence for such drivvle?

It's all around you. Think of an intelligent successful person - do they have tattoos or piercings?

Go to a council estate and pick out some knuckle-dragging thug or single mother at random - do they have tattoos or piercings?

People with tattoos/piercings also tend to be of low intelligence and have difficulty spelling words such as "drivel" as well! :hihi:

It's all around you. Think of an intelligent successful person - do they have tattoos or piercings?

Go to a council estate and pick out some knuckle-dragging thug or single mother at random - do they have tattoos or piercings?

People with tattoos/piercings also tend to be of low intelligence and have difficulty spelling words such as "drivel" as well! :hihi:

So you have no evidence then. How many successful people have you seen naked?

What does that tell you?

Still, it's your choice.

Great facts, there! David Beckham, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp... very unsuccessful people, clearly.

And me... psychology degree, former restaurant manager, now re-trained and a qualified teacher; and guess what... yup, I have tattoos and piercings.

Face it, you're an angry, intolerant little man whose only pleasure in life is contradicting people, endlessly, on SF. I've got your number, mate! It's all you do!!

So what do you do for work, Mr. Successful? ;)

Great facts, there! David Beckham, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp... very unsuccessful people, clearly.

You're confusing celebrity with success and intelligence. Do you really think David Beckham is the most intelligent man in Britain or that Angelina Jolie is anything more than a pretty face?

Stephen Hawking, David Attenborough, Bill Gates, Stephen Fry.....do these people have tattoos or piercings?

You're confusing celebrity with success and intelligence. Do you really think David Beckham is the most intelligent man in Britain or that Angelina Jolie is anything more than a pretty face?

Stephen Hawking, David Attenborough, Bill Gates, Stephen Fry.....do these people have tattoos or piercings?

Can you say for a fact they they do not?

Perhaps not, but they're not the only intelligent people on the planet either! Are you for real?! ...not to mention that every single one of the people you named is of a totally different generation anyway! Are you suggesting that no-one under 50 is capable of being intelligent?

I'll tell you something else, I'll bet none of the above would ever be so arrogant and dismissive as to label everyone with a tattoo a chav or a moron!

And back to my question, what do you do for work?