Born in sheffield & moved to Western Australia, anyone else??

Diane Fletcher went to St Matthias and then on to Greystones; she lived on Ecclesall Road near Botanical Gardens and worked at Wilson's Snuff Mill, then Tescos when it was built on the allotments there. Sad to say, she died several years ago.

Hi

I am from sheffield,now live in Rockingham Western Australia. My Mam used to work in brooksbank cutlery in Boston street for many years until she retired about 1986? Her name was Ethel Roden. She worked along side Yvonne Grice, maybe you might know of them?

Would love to hear.

---------- Post added 02-01-2018 at 09:40 ----------

sorry folks,I haven't been in here in ages..

I was jean hodkin lived on beeley st., bottom of the moor.

now called shawn.i went to st.matthias & greystones sec.mod schools.

I worked at brooksbank cutlery firm on boston st., for a while.

There is a forum on here for greystones if u went there.

Hi

I am originally from sheffield but I am now in Rockingham West Oz. My Mam used to work at Boston street cutlery. I think it was Brooksbank. Her name was Ethel Roden. She retired 1986 ish. Maybe you know the name?

Would love to hear from you.

---------- Post added 02-01-2018 at 09:45 ----------

My sister born in Walkley grew up in Walkley emigrated to Botswana for 20 years now lives in Mandurah Oz and loves it

Hi

I was born in sheffield but now live in Rockingham near Mandurah. Does your sister like living here? Have you been out here? If so, hope you enjoyed it.

Edited by downunder
I think my message should have gone to spunkee

i shawn, hope you are all well and have had a good christmas and new year, tell bruce i have tried to get him on skype but he didn't seem to have been logged on over christmas, have you been away ,i will try and get him one day next week.all the best mick.

Hi all lived in sheffield until i was 40 and then moved to newcastle nsw in 1991 and havent been back but still like to see whats happening back there

Hi,

Similar story, arrived in Melbourne October 1968, for two years, £10 , not bad hey.

Returned to Sheffield in July 1972 with a view to stay, couldn't settle down so phoned my old boss who had a job on hold for me for 9 months, I arrived back in March 1973.

I was fortunate enough to have a job that took me to Germany for meetings on an annual basis, this allowed me to hop over to England to see my parents and friends.

Life is great here in Melbourne, been to Perth, lovely place.

Mick Lister.

I left Sheffield in 1969 came out to Australia to play football in Queensland for what was called then Azzurri Now Called Brisbane City all the clubs were ethnic based. Met and married an Australian girl and have now been here nearly 50 years, best decision I ever made. I went to Rowlinson School at Meadow head which I believe is now a leisure center. My sister followed me out a few years later and then my parents big move for my parents as both had a good life style in Sheffield My father worked as a car salesman at Bentley brothers at the Wicker and my Mother was a nurse at Middlewood hospital.I was a Hairdresser and did my apprenticeship at Andre Bernards on the Moor.

Love the life style out here but understand it's not for everyone.