Born in sheffield & moved to Western Australia, anyone else??

Hi, I was born in Sheffield, ( Meersbrook ), and sailed for Melbourne in 1964. My wife and I visit W.A. frequently, as eldest daughter and family live in Woodridge. We have 3 teenage grandkids there, and look forward so much to our visits. My name is Ed Harvey, and I went to Carfield Primary, then High Storrs, then worked at Jos.Pickering & Sons before migrating at age 21. Love it here. Regards to all Forumers.

Hello everyone, downsunder,(Tassie) skippy,(Shellharbour) and spunkee,

we emigrated to perth in 1975, lived south of the river, then went to Tassie, (Richmond) hello downsunder again, and then back here, and now in Mandurah for the last 10yrs, still working :mad: and originally from crookes :hihi:

Hello everyone, downsunder,(Tassie) skippy,(Shellharbour) and spunkee,

G'day mate, glad to see you're still with us.

Born in Sheffield been visiting family in Oz for many years giving it a couple of years in Ellenbrook WA to see if we can settle on a permanent basis.

My sister born in Walkley grew up in Walkley emigrated to Botswana for 20 years now lives in Mandurah Oz and loves it

Born in Sheffield been visiting family in Oz for many years giving it a couple of years in Ellenbrook WA to see if we can settle on a permanent basis.

Ay up, is this FRB?

Sure is drr how is every one over there in the cold

All fine here, it`s not bad weather, mild but dull, we hope you lot are ok.

We moved from Hyde Park to Melbourne in 1968 and then 2 years later Dads brother and his family came out. They later moved to Perth and virtually disappeared. What I'm asking is directed at the people living in Perth if they know the where about's or knowledge of Ron Simpson? I believe they lived in Scarborough at one stage. The Simpsons names are Ron, Irene, Valarie, Alan, Leslie and Howard. Please PM me if you should know of anything.

thats all on friends reunited

but lived on beeley st., went to st.matthias school on parliament st.,

then greystones sec.mod. worked at brooksbank cutlery for a couple of years.

Diane Fletcher went to St Matthias and then on to Greystones; she lived on Ecclesall Road near Botanical Gardens and worked at Wilson's Snuff Mill, then Tescos when it was built on the allotments there. Sad to say, she died several years ago.

I knew a family that emigrated in the 1960's to Oz, not sure if it was perth or not but I would love to know what happened to them. Their name was Riley and they lived at Stannington, I think Kath was the 1st to go followed by her sister Linda and then Maureen, Maureen did come back and lived at malin bridge I believe, I dont know what happened to her after that. I am just curious to know if they all made a life out there or if they ever returned to Sheffield.