.htm..extension

i have a file with the extension.... .htm..i want to convert this into a text doc...anyone know of a free programme that will do this

many thanx in advance

.htm is a web page, double click it and it will open in your browser, you can then copy/paste any text you want into word or notepad...

or, right click it, open with, and choose notepad, then remove all the <HTML> stuff manually and you will be left with just the text...

or http://www.docx2doc.com/convert/htm-to-txt.html

Have you tried just opening it in Notepad?

.htm is an HTLM file and in theroy shouldn'y have any complex stuff in it that woud throw Notepad off.

thing is its 4000 pages long with sensitive info...........names and addresses..i need to turn this into a text document

i would get a pen and paper and sit for a couple of weeks .

also your website need a new host .. just incase you did not know . :)

This website has been disabled. Unfortunately the host, Fractix, have now ceased trading. Fractix previously rented webspace through Heart Internet via a Reseller Account. The account has now been disabled.

Typically in cases like this, all site data would be lost. However, we (Heart Internet) have been in communication with Fractix, and they have given us permission to host your website with us directly, if you wish for us to do so. To host your site with Heart Internet, please go to http://www.heartinternet.co.uk and create an account with us. You will need to select a suitable hosting package . Once this has been done, please raise a ticket to our support team, we will then be able to transfer the site and email data over to your new account.

If you are not sure which package would be suitable for you, more information is available here: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/web-hosting/

use the link I gave you, they don't save any of the output...

trie that ghozer..it times out..web page cannot be displayed

i can open it in wordpad..but get all "headers and stuff that i dont want

i can open it in wordpad..but get all "headers and stuff that i dont want

You'll have to strip that out yourself.

Just use the find & replace feature in notepad to strip it out!

cheers everyone now sorted...eventually..used the "page" tool to "save as"....simples...........!!!