Compensation query..

A friend won a personal injury claim for an injury sustained at work, the contractors onsite accepted responsibility and settled out of court. He had to have three months off work as a result of the injury and received full pay. Now, my friend knows it was part of the settlement to have to repay the wages he received whilst off sick, but is just querying whether the amount has to be repaid as a lump sum or could be paid monthly, is there a legal requirement/precedent? It's no problem if he does have to pay a lump sum as obviously he has received the pay out to cover it, but just wanted to know the legal requirements as he thinks the money is better in his account gaining interest, than in his employers.

Thanks

Depends on the contract he has with his employers.

Usually a lump sum though. It's unusual for the solicitors to send it to him, rather than his employers, but I'd certainly recommend him paying it back as a lump sum.

Hi,

Thanks, yea that's more or less what I told him. All too easy to spend it while it's in his own account lol.

ummm..why has this thread been moved?..and where to?

ummm..why has this thread been moved?..and where to?

the wallpaper is nicer in this bit

the wallpaper is nicer in this bit

It's flock, like in the 70s. :)