Sheffield United manager

It's a good appointment,he should have plenty of respect from United players,due to a fantastic playing career,compared to KB.

I have been offered the job but don't know anything about football. Can everyone on the forum please express an opinion about running a football team.

I have been offered the job but don't know anything about football.

You'd be much better suited for the role of chairman, in that case.

(Of any football club; that isn't a dig at McCabe in particular!)

A good smooth transition by the Blades.

We could have lingered giving interviews and getting knock backs from people sacked by teams below us or give the job to a man who has just been sacked for a long losing streak at his last club.

Well done Blades.

Mod Note

Threads merged, use the search function before starting new topics to see if the thread has already been started

A good smooth transition by the Blades.

We could have lingered giving interviews and getting knock backs from people sacked by teams below us or give the job to a man who has just been sacked for a long losing streak at his last club.

Well done Blades.

You won't be saying that if they bomb over the next 5 games. :hihi:

Seriously though, if I was a blunt [shudders] i'd be reasonably happy with this signing as he has the propensity to become an excellent young manager. However [in a thinly-veiled, Ladybird-esque dig], there is the experience factor that has already been discussed to death and United's recent track record of appointing managers has left them in the state that they are; near bottom of the league, dwindling fan base, no squad and even scummier than I thought possible.

Thanks.

UTO!

near bottom of the league, dwindling fan base, no squad and even scummier than I thought possible.

Thanks.

UTO!

Jazzy, I do wish you'd come down off that fence.:hihi:

Jazzy, I do wish you'd come down off that fence.:hihi:

I know! My arse frickin kills! :0)

[insert joke here]

You won't be saying that if they bomb over the next 5 games. :hihi:

Seriously though, if I was a blunt [shudders] i'd be reasonably happy with this signing as he has the propensity to become an excellent young manager. However [in a thinly-veiled, Ladybird-esque dig], there is the experience factor that has already been discussed to death and United's recent track record of appointing managers has left them in the state that they are; near bottom of the league, dwindling fan base, no squad and even scummier than I thought possible.

Thanks.

UTO!

Thinly veiled dig !! you use a sledge hammer!! Am glad every thing in S6 is well. You Owls seem to have forgotten what your clubs status is at present. Using my own sledge hammer and not thinly veiled..your in lower league football and in financial melt down. FACT.:love:

Thinly veiled dig !! you use a sledge hammer!! Am glad every thing in S6 is well. You Owls seem to have forgotten what your clubs status is at present. Using my own sledge hammer and not thinly veiled..your in lower league football and in financial melt down. FACT.:love:

Nice facts. :rolleyes:

You forgot 'undefeated', a very strong squad and a better manager than Kevin Blackwell...sorry, Gary Speed.

whats up jazzy? run out of paint brushes, jog on porker!!!!

I dunno why but when people use the phrase 'Jog On' I always picture some Burberry clad scrote clutching a pirate DVD copy of The Football Factory/Green Street ready to watch for the umpeenth time whilst setting his benefit funded Sky+ to record Danny Dyer's Hardest Men/Pubs/Tramps.

I think Gary Speed is a good appointment, an Adrian Heath for the 21st century :hihi: