Tyzack Sons & Turner Ltd.

i demeer. i am one of the people who you have mentioned working at tyzacksi worked in the warehouse there. i use er and phil to live in the same street as jenni erf and phil holmes. i also remember most of the others mentioned.

---------- Post added 12-02-2013 at 17:04 ----------

hi demeer. i am one of the people you mentioned working at tyzacks. i worked in the warehouse there and use to live in the same street as phil and jennifer holmes. i also remember most of the other people mentioned. i am having a few probs with my computer so message may be a bit mixed up

Anyone remember the packing shop chaps, forgotten their names but the dept. and those in it were all like something out of Dickens ! Would also be interested to know anything of Mr.John Ford, the transport Manager of the early 1970's.

The guys in the packing shop when I was there were Bob Pearson who was foreman,Roy smith,and David ferris also Derry I think his name was. I went to john fords leaving do but don't know what haened to him.

Thanks jaycee. Those names don't ring a bell, but it's a few years ago now. The driver before me ( they had just the one lorry ) had been killed in it in 1969, The story was that he'd dozed off and it turned over in a field. When I took the job I didn't get to know this until long afterwards and it seemed others had either not taken the job or left on finding this out, but it never bothered me as regards a jinx or whatever. After the accident, Col. Tyzack had a Tachograph fitted due to them thinking that the driver had gone over his hours, making him doze off. This was long before they were a legal requirement. However, it once got me off a parking fine when I'd stopped for a pee at Middlewood coming back from Liverpool docks as I was able to show, from the card, that I hadn't stopped for over 2 hours. I still have the 'Albion Clydesdale' badge off the front !

hi to you all I am a plasterer by trade 40 years now and have been using tyzack trowels since 1970 can I say thank you to you all on here for making the best trowels in the world. am also trying to collect trowels with red round label with gold 3 legs in centre.looking for gauging trowel,hawk,or handboard, double corner trowel can anybody please help mark.

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 23:06 ----------

many thanks demeer for the quick reply,do you know if the factory is still standing ,is the factory the one at meersbrook,would love to see pics of the factory inside where all tools were made many thanks again mark

my dad worked there for 25 years , some names have poped up i remember , my dad was John Robert Stansfield , (better known as Bob ) .he was there till it shut .

Half of Heeley worked there at some point not many posts though for all them.

Hi all

I worked there from about 1967 to early 1971 in the offices with Joan Lowe. She was married to Frank Lowe. I didn't stay long as I got married had kids & emigrated.

Very interesting reading on this site ?

I worked at Tyzack Sons & Turner for just short of a year after leaving school. I remember a bloke called Mr Parkes who walked around the factory in the morning, I think he was the managing director? Tony Mappin, Chris Shields, Alan in the stores and a bloke in the warehouse called Roy are the names I remember.

The funeral of Brian Johnson (Big Bri) tool and cutter grinder, took place today. 1951-2018 RIP Bri.

Remember Brian he used to sharpen the cylinder from my lawn mower in exchange for a few welding favours. RIP mate.