Herdings - whats with all the crime!!

Gleadless valley is a dump. I moved off a couple of years ago and since then I've heard nowt but bad stuff about it.

What a helpful post. Nobody has a job? Sweeping statement or what! Are you implying that the OP is a chav who has not got a job? I live in the area and I think you will find that the crime is committed by a minority of scumbags, and that the majority are law abiding tax paying citizens:cool:

Thank you for sticking up for me!!! Hehe!!! I have a good job and I have lived at Millhouses and Woodseats until I moved here (only because of the house prices as they were too high at Woodseats and my ex fiance lived nearby). Most of the people are lovely but then you get the little ***** that make an area awful!!! xXx

As for the identity of the buglars, I know the names of them but not where they live. I have had a few of my male friends doing their research but to no avail :( Thank god for home insurance but its just the feeling of it happening again thats always in my mind!!!

xXx

If the police know the names of the people who are doing it, why haven't they arrested them? You can be sure that if you retaliate, you'll be the one who has the book thrown at them.

Chav's who cause misery for months = Immune from prosecution

Home owner retaliating = Demonised from the start, given a criminal record which may end up costing them their job

As for the identity of the buglars, I know the names of them but not where they live. I have had a few of my male friends doing their research but to no avail :( Thank god for home insurance but its just the feeling of it happening again thats always in my mind!!!

xXx

Buy a big dog. I got burgled on Herdings a few years ago, they kicked the door in and with the alarm sounding they ransacked my home and stole everything of value.

now i have a big dog and dont even have to lock the door when i go to work. anyone who feels man enough to take on the k9 is in for a big, big shock.

Buy a big dog. I got burgled on Herdings a few years ago, they kicked the door in and with the alarm sounding they ransacked my home and stole everything of value.

now i have a big dog and dont even have to lock the door when i go to work. anyone who feels man enough to take on the k9 is in for a big, big shock.

You do realise that in the wonderful world we live in protecting the rights of criminals you'll probably end up in prison if the dog defends your home by biting someone don't you?

You do realise that in the wonderful world we live in protecting the rights of criminals you'll probably end up in prison if the dog defends your home by biting someone don't you?

Ha ha ha, Not if they're in his property. Many many moons ago, the police came around to my house and as they were leaving my dog bit one of the coppers. He said there was nothing they could do about it because the dog was protecting me and my property. Don't know if you can still get away with it now but it deffo worked back then. Stick a sign outside warning of the dog, they've been warned then haven't they!!!! lol!!!

Gleadless valley is a dump. I moved off a couple of years ago and since then I've heard nowt but bad stuff about it.
thats because the council in thier eternal wisdom have decided to move all the dregs of society into the area, and the dregs from other cities all seem to dumped up there aswell. Edited by Panthera

thats because the council in thier eternal wisdom have decided to move all the dregs of society into the area, and the dregs from other cities all seem to dumped up here aswell. when i moved up gleadless 16 years ago it was blissfull, but now you cant goto the shop without walking past at least 2 gangs of scrotes, my mum got burgled last year, the scrote that did it is from liverpool he got done by the police but he's out and around the estate again and the crime rate always climbs when he's about, plus i know a few come from lowedges to do thier crimes.

My nan lived there all her life and used to love it but for the last 6 years of her life (especially when my granddad died) she was frightened to leave her flat.

Over the years, her neighbours that forged a community on her block slowly died off and were replaced with drug users and immigrants. When visiting her I regularly had to watch where I stepped due to needles, the bins were usually burnt out and I had to walk through gangs of idiots who liked to hang around smashing the bus shelter up.

It must have been awful to see a place you lived in for so long slowly but surely turn to a living nightmare.

Ha ha ha, Not if they're in his property. Many many moons ago, the police came around to my house and as they were leaving my dog bit one of the coppers. He said there was nothing they could do about it because the dog was protecting me and my property. Don't know if you can still get away with it now but it deffo worked back then. Stick a sign outside warning of the dog, they've been warned then haven't they!!!! lol!!!

I dont have a sign as i was told many moons ago that if i did, it would be aknowledging i have a 'dangerous dog' and so i could be taken to court if he bit anyone. Even if they were robbing the gaff.

My nan lived there all her life and used to love it but for the last 6 years of her life (especially when my granddad died) she was frightened to leave her flat.

Over the years, her neighbours that forged a community on her block slowly died off and were replaced with drug users and immigrants. When visiting her I regularly had to watch where I stepped due to needles, the bins were usually burnt out and I had to walk through gangs of idiots who liked to hang around smashing the bus shelter up.

It must have been awful to see a place you lived in for so long slowly but surely turn to a living nightmare.

Im glad my nans dead. that way she cant see the horrific dump her beloved estate has turned into.

I, remember, as a boy, playing with my cousins around Blackstock/Leighton when the estate was built around 1960/1), and it was magnificent, we played in the woods down by the stream fishing for Bullheads.