Most polite, sweetest good hearted bus driver ever known

I think bus drivers seem to help men more as they know women are programmed to be able to cope with folding a pram while holding the child :lol:. If the other people on the bus had older children older than newborn, which I am presuming they did, could one of them not have offered to put the pram down and let the man with the newborn on?

If that's what it takes to be the most polite, sweet good hearted bus driver ever known, helping collapse a pram, then that doesn't exactly show the rest of them in a good light does it?

Yeah it's the 'decent' thing, but if collapsing a pram is the kindest thing you have ever known a bus driver to do..what does that say about bus drivers in general?

By all means praise the driver on here but dont ring the company......i think its a sackable offence to leave his cab whilst engine running and money not secure.

i think there has got to be exceptions to this rule (if it is actually a rule ) the driver has to leave his cab to put out the ramp for wheel chair users doesnt he ???

You havent done anything wrong 'emma' just typical forum users being sarcastic as per usual. It is nice of him and he wont get sacked for leaving his cab to help someone, like above, they sometimes need to get out the cab and its not a strict rule.

Its nice to hear of a bus driver being nice rather a grumpy awkward sod!!! xXx

finally a prais for the bus drivers! makes a change on here haha

I got on the 53 on Thursday and I had the politest, cheeriest driver I've ever had. He made me smile on the way to work, I was thinking of writing a letter to praise him to as all too often good customer service can be the exception rather than the rule.

i think there has got to be exceptions to this rule (if it is actually a rule ) the driver has to leave his cab to put out the ramp for wheel chair users doesnt he ???

You cant leave your bus with the engine running AT ALL no exceptions, yet on some of the buses you need to leave your engine running for the wheelchair ramp to deploy :huh:

So the driver could get sacked for doing this, also you cant leave passengers on your bus or the lights on inside your bus if your engine is off, which is another stupid rule. :rant:

So whenever I'm on a bus and they stop at the terminus for 10 minutes and switch the engine off I can report them?

No wonder they never smile.

You cant leave your bus with the engine running AT ALL no exceptions, yet on some of the buses you need to leave your engine running for the wheelchair ramp to deploy :huh:

So the driver could get sacked for doing this, also you cant leave passengers on your bus or the lights on inside your bus if your engine is off, which is another stupid rule. :rant:

are these actually rules ???

can i ask where you have got this info from ???

He's not the only nice driver, the 41 I catch has a really nice one now and again he shout when someone presses the bell not for them to rush out of their seat especially if it's an elderley person he doesn't want them to fall when he stops. I like him to as I say thanks when I get off and he actually responds unlike many

thats nice to hear good things about bus drivers for a change

I was on the bus the other day (53) when they were resurfacing Wordsworth Avenue, and the bus driver was so cheery and smily. Made a lovely change.