Can someone please advise on getting rid of spiders?

Easiest way is to use a vacuum cleaner, gone in seconds, and who knows the spider may live a long enjoyablelife surrounded by insects to feed on in your dust bag

Easiest way is to use a vacuum cleaner, gone in seconds,

That assumes you want to get that close to them!

my cat would stare down alsatians

but spiders freaked him out completely, he wouldn't come back in the room if he could see a spider

my cat would stare down alsatians

but spiders freaked him out completely, he wouldn't come back in the room if he could see a spider

Mine loved them she would stalk them for ages then pounce, weve noticed a lot more spiders in the house since she passed away told lass.

I don't particularly like spiders of any kind, but the ones that really spook me out are those large skinny brown ones - they've got a tiny tiny brown body and impossibly long thread like legs - they're almost invisible. They give me the willies more than the big black ones!

These are not spiders, they are called "Harvestmen"and feed on tiny bits and pieces.

Feast your eyes on these!

:

http://www.cirrusimage.com/harvestman.htm

cheers, i will attempt the hairspray technique and see if it works..

No please dont! :o They're really quite harmless - in fact, they're really rather helpful around the house, especially in the Summer months when there are lots of flys.

The hairspray method is quite cruel. Why not try the glass and card method, as mentioned on here previously? :)

No please dont! :o They're really quite harmless - in fact, they're really rather helpful around the house, especially in the Summer months when there are lots of flys.

The hairspray method is quite cruel. Why not try the glass and card method, as mentioned on here previously? :)

Are you kidding..... a glass and card :gag:

I freak at the mere sight of them there is no chance i would get close enough to one to place a glass on it :hihi:

Are you kidding..... a glass and card :gag:

I freak at the mere sight of them there is no chance i would get close enough to one to place a glass on it :hihi:

..makes me laugh, if we could get that close to a spider to put a glass over it we wouldn't have the phobia! :hihi:

Well, after getting home about half an hour ago from a night shift at work, I was greeted in my bedroom by a big black thing which was so big that at first I thought it was my wallet. I am ashamed to say that I am terrified of spiders (only the big black hunter ones, the rest I can handle....just...) and have had to take refuge in the living room until my wonderful saviour -our lass- gets up at 6 and removes it for me. I can totally understand the stories others have written about them, and it is quite reassuring to know that I am not the only wuss in town! I have just bought one of those spider repellent thingys which were recommended on a previous page as this is probably just the start of spider season!

Omg :gag:

I have just accidently trodden on one ......in bare feet :gag:

I feel physically sick right now :(

I'm irrationally terrified of spiders, and dread even catching a glimpse of a picture of one.

I once read about a woman who had one in her car, but then lost it. She ended up selling the car as she couldn't bear the thought of a spider lurking somewhere! And the thing was, I read that, and found it an entirely reasonable reaction :)

Maybe we should organise a Sheffield Forum trip:

http://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo//news/scared-of-spiders,20,NS.html

(safe to click for arachnophobes, trust me)

I don't really want to learn to love them, just to be able to cope with seeing them without freaking out and hyperventilating!