Self publishing

Hi. My name is Martin Naylor and I am the author that seems to have sparked this discussion. I am participating in the Woodseats festival 2011 and if you would like to find out more about the perils and pitfalls of self publishing (believe me there are many) I will be at Woodseats Library between 10.30am and 12pm on Saturday 9th July. Not that I am any sort of expert, but I have achieved some success with my writing having won an award at the Sheffield Childrens book Awards 2010 for my first childrens novel - Secrets of Hightower.I will be happy to answer any questions.

I am an author. For years I looked for someone to 'publish' my childrens books. Finally I was picked up by LeMueL Productions a 'in house' publisher. The rest is history.

The journey was long and difficult. I had to find an editor,illustrator,printer. The time and paper and ink and going through ideas is tough. But if you know your own words are good stick at it.