Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp toilet trouble!!

Going on foto number 3, Should have gone to specsavers mate ;)

The 3rd picture shows cross threading, it is no wonder it is leaking. You need to sort that connection out.

The 3rd picture shows cross threading, it is no wonder it is leaking. You need to sort that connection out.

Hi Wildcat, what would you suggest?

The valve is only a few months old, and i made sure not to overtighten :(

Hi Wildcat, what would you suggest?

The valve is only a few months old, and i made sure not to overtighten :(

It doesn't look like it is on straight from the picture.

Also did you put some ptfe tape stuff around the thread before tightening? I think you need to use that to make it seal.

no PTFE tape on the threads, had contradicting advice on this, some people said put it on bottom of threads, others said not to...

Will disconnect and try reseating it, but somebody suggested a flush valve with brass thread connector, so might try that if no joy

Blimey you've cocked that up haven't you :hihi:

Quick temp fix, get some ptfe tape, get it on the threads and tighten the thing back up right.

:hihi: Im still giggling at how much you have cross threaded that :D

When you go tighten it back up, hold the pipe square to it, if its slightly out then you have no chance.

Photo 3 :hihi:

Im not sure from those pics how that pipe work is laid out but is there any reason why it drops to the floor and then come up the right side of the cistern ? could it not have gone above and then come down ?

Like I said you cant tell from the pics but just curious if there was another way to set it out.

Im not sure from those pics how that pipe work is laid out but is there any reason why it drops to the floor and then come up the right side of the cistern ? could it not have gone above and then come down ?

Like I said you cant tell from the pics but just curious if there was another way to set it out.

Well, the pipe comes down from the ceiling in the toilet (downstairs loo) along the wall above the door, then down the wall at the back of the toilet, across the bottom (where isolator valve is, then back up to toilet (bottom entry valve) Not sure why its like this, just how it was when we moved in...

Just use the bog standard instructions.