Advice/rough estimate needed..

Hi folks

Wondered if anyone could give me a rough estimate on the price of supplying power to an 8 x 10 garden shed? Probably just two sockets and a light fitting. If it helps, we have an outside light that I've been told could be used to take the power from? Apologies if that last bit is utter baloney, lol...as you can tell, I know nothing about electricity supply really. If someone could give me an idea of how much I'd be looking at, and would be able to do it for me, I'd most likely want them to do it..so, thanks in advance :)

Kate

whats the distance from the house to the shed? do you want the cable buried or can it be hung?

hiya, thanks for replying :)

The distance is probably 15ft from house, it could be hung or buried, whichever is cheapest but still safe.

Thanks again

someone will have to see it to quote, impossible to guess

if the consumer is old it may need earth upgrades,

distance and accesability to the consumer,

2 way board in the shed,

i would say 500 + to do it right ..

Hi folks

Wondered if anyone could give me a rough estimate on the price of supplying power to an 8 x 10 garden shed? Probably just two sockets and a light fitting. If it helps, we have an outside light that I've been told could be used to take the power from? Apologies if that last bit is utter baloney, lol...as you can tell, I know nothing about electricity supply really. If someone could give me an idea of how much I'd be looking at, and would be able to do it for me, I'd most likely want them to do it..so, thanks in advance :)

Kate

£1350 plus vat from a niceic approved contractor

Edited by GrooveArmada

You will need an approved electrician for that as GrooveArmada mentioned, don't let just anyone do it, your insurance will be voided.

cheaper though :) a diy will do it for 80 pound . :)

2.5 round the edge of the garden and into the back of a socket ..:)

It would be advisable to have a dedicated seperate fused supply to the hut.