Android vs iPhone - who will win?

Apple have dominated the mobile device market for the past few years; both my wife and I have iPhones (mine out of sufference due to the constant nagging of my kids :)) and have proven to be very useful.

Recently, my business partner (who is 20 years younger than me) got an Android based phone which he swears by.

He showed it to my kids and they were hooked...rather than wanting iPhones they have chosen Android based phones instead.

I'd be interested to find out from everyone if they think Android will become the O/S of choice? What about Microsoft's new O/S? What does everyone think will be the commercial opportunities for business?

if i had 1 of each of the android based and iphone an needed cash i wouldn't be able to choose either, i have the htc hero and it is brilliant but i'd still love a iphone, i no this makes no sense but thats my opinion i cant decide lol

yeah its android, but it depends which colour there is the black 1 has a higher version of of android

Good thread here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=623637. I recently had to make the choice and went for HTC Desire and am not disappointed. Apparently in the U.S android is outselling the iPhone. Personally I think there's a lot of hype with the iPhone and Apple do a great marketing job.

i have a google nexus one...is pretty good,id say at the moment the iphone platform has more to offer,seeing as though its been out longer.im justwaiting for the android market to expand.

android is winnning hands down at the moment, it as alot more to chose from and seems to stand upto the constant everyday wear and tear better, less breakdowns than iphone

Why must one win? Windows and Mac have now existed for 25 years with linux joining in a decade ago...

A more important question for both Google and Apple is which operating system will work better on tablets, as it's all about finding new markets.

Edited by JFKvsNixon
More added to the post.

android is winnning hands down at the moment, it as alot more to chose from and seems to stand upto the constant everyday wear and tear better, less breakdowns than iphone

android apps 15,000

iphone apps 140,000

you were saying about choice :rolleyes:

and the nexus one is one of the worst phones ever

as for who will win well you wont see any boss from google of apple losing any sleep over money

10,000 fart apps

135,000 fart apps

Yeah great.

10,000 fart apps

135,000 fart apps

Yeah great.

damn you found the weakness :hihi: