Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

I realy do remember you i had to use my gray matter lol dunt" work that good on a sunday but got there in the end.Not many of the Brooks clan left now 4 out of 9 dunt look to good for Barry hes in a bad way according to what our stephen has told mum and shes passed on to me.We live out Barnsley way i love it so very friendly. Thanks for the reply its nice to look back from time to time .regards sharon.

yesssssss thats me alright" Ahhh monty and nelly from the rosegarth i did feel sorry for her she didnt half have to put up with some crap at times.We lived at 155 aston lane.Ive been left swall for near on 25 years now i do have some fond flash backs of the old times and some not so good LOL.

my adopted mum and dad...lol yep we had some good times in those day's,has been a very long time sharon memory a bit gone but can't remember you leaving Aston...oh well...lol

Hi i worked from 1970 to 1994 had the best time of my working life

what great bunch of lads . Worked on haulage then did my coal face training

at silverwood . worked on s04 tailgate rip so6 TG rip so2 main shearer

so7 double ended shearer so4 main shearer in the swollow wood seam

.Then went into the wathwood inset onto 21s face that was like going

back in time after that i went to be a deputy. Know all the lads named its just putting faces to them its bean a long time now like to meet with some of lads and have drink like we used to do friday nights off afters what memorys ps i think Bustedsofa is Bob Lloyde.

Edited by Coal Getter

Your Right and I think You May be Dougie Thompson ?? as I know for sure Dougie worked on S04's but not sure about ww21's its the finishing in 94 thats off putting ??

Edited by BUSTEDSOFA

Nice one Bob yes your right i went to Maltby from 1900 to 94 . went onto

21s while 4s were being headed out through fault .

I was in Ireland once with Glyn Buxton Rockley and in a bar called The Cosy Bar in Belturbet, we overheard a voice he knew from the pit. It was a kid who had only one arm, apparently he'd taken a short cut down the drift or something and had an accident, anyway from what I heard, he'd travelled to Ireland on a motorbike! He was as mad as hatter but I found it, and still do find it hard to believe he drove a motorbike with one arm missing.

Arthur Spencer [overman] Jim daly[undermanager] Nosher &Raz [beltmen]all the guys on 10s who let me drive the shearer when i got bored-lol & many more whose names i'l put in when i remember, oops just remembered slasher Howell, who always regaled us with his wartime exploits [he was mentioned in dispatches] & the story doi'n the rounds was that when Slasher went to Buckingham Palace to collect his medals, field marshall Montgomery picked him up in his staff car & as they got within sight of the palace the King turned to Churchill & asked who that was with Slasher? lol happy days,best days of my working life,top people in & out of work.

Hi Willo My neighbour Sadie is Arthur Spencer's sister, she was the youngest and is now the only one living, she is 82 years old. If you want to get in touch with her to ask her anything, I'll ask if she would like to exchange emails, okay? :)

:hihi:

Nice one Bob yes your right i went to Maltby from 1900 to 94 . went onto

21s while 4s were being headed out through fault .

yo dougie, how ya doin mate, are you from brinsworth? did you knock around with al hillyard & really good looking guy called steve wilson? hehe! its steve w.

Arthur Spencer [overman] Jim daly[undermanager] Nosher &Raz [beltmen]all the guys on 10s who let me drive the shearer when i got bored-lol & many more whose names i'l put in when i remember, oops just remembered slasher Howell, who always regaled us with his wartime exploits [he was mentioned in dispatches] & the story doi'n the rounds was that when Slasher went to Buckingham Palace to collect his medals, field marshall Montgomery picked him up in his staff car & as they got within sight of the palace the King turned to Churchill & asked who that was with Slasher? lol happy days,best days of my working life,top people in & out of work.

Hi Willo My neighbour Sadie is Arthur Spencer's sister, she was the youngest and is now the only one living, she is 82 years old. If you want to get in touch with her to ask her anything, I'll ask if she would like to exchange emails, okay? :)

hi joto,arthur was a proper nice bloke, i remember being on 10s in the early 70s & we got talking about music & he got us all singing a raucous rendition of chuck berrys my ding a ling! which the colliery manager [who was'nt noted for his sense of humour] & visitors did'nt seem to like much-lol.

I was in Ireland once with Glyn Buxton Rockley and in a bar called The Cosy Bar in Belturbet, we overheard a voice he knew from the pit. It was a kid who had only one arm, apparently he'd taken a short cut down the drift or something and had an accident, anyway from what I heard, he'd travelled to Ireland on a motorbike! He was as mad as hatter but I found it, and still do find it hard to believe he drove a motorbike with one arm missing.

Your talking about Sid Kidd I can assure you he would/could have been on a bike as he's got a Prosthetic Arm and he loved nothing better than to get in a fight so he could smack someone in the face with it

:hihi:

yo dougie, how ya doin mate, are you from brinsworth? did you knock around with al hillyard & really good looking guy called steve wilson? hehe! its steve w.

That must be Wombat great to here from you mate its been along time .what are doing these days and how are you going .do you remember when we took your dads car for a spin round asda car park .Are you still at scarborough . i bet you been waiting this reply all day.

That must be Wombat great to here from you mate its been along time .what are doing these days and how are you going .do you remember when we took your dads car for a spin round asda car park .Are you still at scarborough . i bet you been waiting this reply all day.

yooooo, dougie me ole mate, yep its me! i remember lots o' things we got up to you old hooligan you- hehe. i've been asking alka for years about you, he said he aint seen you in the village so i guess you'd moved away, yep i'm a scarbor'o lad now but been looking on here for afew years & reminiscing. you ever see pete allen or zeb about? i heard roy & brian baker had moved to spain, saw trev cobb here in scarbro' a few years back when you had those bad floods in sheff' he did'nt know where any one was these days either-lol. i guess when we leave brinny its a bit like moving up north on eastenders- we disappear, i remember us in me dads car & i remember racing you on our lambrettas, you looking like you was gonna win & me cheatin' & nearly knocking us both off the things & you not best pleased chasing me down't street like cassius clay, good job i could run in them days-lol' will send you a P.M. with my phone number, really great to see you on here mate.TTFN.