Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

My step-dad/mum's partner worked at Treeton Colliery - Frank Sneesby. He still lives in Treeton and is working as a self-employed engineer.

My step-dad/mum's partner worked at Treeton Colliery - Frank Sneesby. He still lives in Treeton and is working as a self-employed engineer.

hi beccy, i used to work with frank & his mate Dave Lowe, think it was on 9s, i was their apprentice for a while around the early 70s. top bloke ,happy days. kindest regards willo.

hi there does anyone remember tommy maskery, he wes at treeton for 32 yrs after the war and some before the war well since he was 14ys old l'm his daughter. he has sadly passed away now. l remember every friday going for my bar six when dad went for his wages. if he was alive now he would hate the house that are built there. mind you because he put that many hours in l thought it was only right the scatter his ashes there. l remember one time he was doind a double shift and scargill had took over the canteen for some kind of meeting, so no one could get extra snap for that shift non of the men dad went on for days says it was not right

my cousin Geoffrey nicolson worked there as an electrician he lived in the villge all his live as did my uncle reg and aunt edith with his sister linda who still lives there, now works as a doctors receptionist used to live on arundel st/rd/ave/ what ever it was called unfortunatly there is only my female cousin linda left uncle reg was the first then our geof, finally aunt edith. when we visited them we would often go down to treeton dyke

my cousin Geoffrey nicolson worked there as an electrician he lived in the villge all his live as did my uncle reg and aunt edith with his sister linda who still lives there, now works as a doctors receptionist used to live on arundel st/rd/ave/ what ever it was called unfortunatly there is only my female cousin linda left uncle reg was the first then our geof, finally aunt edith. when we visited them we would often go down to treeton dyke

hi there was Geoff nix's apprentice, him & his mate Jeff steel, on nights on't pit top, after a few bevvies int Station pub, top lads.

hi there does anyone remember tommy maskery, he wes at treeton for 32 yrs after the war and some before the war well since he was 14ys old l'm his daughter. he has sadly passed away now. l remember every friday going for my bar six when dad went for his wages. if he was alive now he would hate the house that are built there. mind you because he put that many hours in l thought it was only right the scatter his ashes there. l remember one time he was doind a double shift and scargill had took over the canteen for some kind of meeting, so no one could get extra snap for that shift non of the men dad went on for days says it was not right

yes knew Tommy well and your brother Freddie sorry to hear he has passed away but like many when I started at Treeton he was an Old Timer then

yes knew Tommy well and your brother Freddie sorry to hear he has passed away but like many when I started at Treeton he was an Old Timer then

the strike took fred to wales never been back home dad made him go back to work broke the rules due to dad being in different union, he had to work through the beginning of the strike so fred got burnt out of home bad days for all.

yes i worked with Frank for many years top fitter .Still see him now and again in 3 magpies

Yes i new Tommy sorry to hear he passsd away

hi beccy, i used to work with frank & his mate Dave Lowe, think it was on 9s, i was their apprentice for a while around the early 70s. top bloke ,happy days. kindest regards willo.
is that wambat if i remember right Dave Lowe was your

hero with his long hair and rock star looks .

is that wombat if i remember right Dave Lowe was your

is that wombat if i remember right Dave Lowe was your

yep tis me, how ya doin Dougie, my first job in life after school & the only job in my life where every one i met & worked with was sound as a pound. spoke to alka recently, he said he still sees you in't village, have one in the maggies for me. so you're a bus driver now! bit different from driving a shearer & blowing things up with dynamite downt pit-lol. Scargill & thatcher didn't just kill an industry between em the killed a way of life. ttfn.