Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

my dad worked at treeton from 69 till it closed by the name j murray

My dad worked at Treeton for years.My brother worked there while doing his electrical apprenticeship....

my father-in-law roly bridges worked there in the 70s.He had to take early retirement due to his eye sight though he worked at orgreave as well

my dad worked at treeton from 69 till it closed by the name j murray

hi,would that be jim murray from canklow?

I worked at Treeton from '76 to '88. John Tyas.

I worked at Treeton on the screens in July 1952 while waiting for the NCB Training at Treeton in August 1952.

I worked as a haulage hand under Reuben Pyatt, the Deputy was Jackson.

I remember Brian Marvin who painted his miners helmet pink. Alfie who was mortally afraid of pit moggies.

I left after I was forced to attend an inquisition at the pit on a Saturday unpaid and lost my Saturday shift.

They found the guy who had hammered a nail into an electric cable near the face end of the level, I know he was sacked and taken to court in Rotherham.

In those days I was not even offered the tram fare to attend or given any apology.

I the went to Kiveton Park.

My mate Glynn Rockley lived in Treeton and used to work down Treeton. He broke 3 vertebrae in his back at Thurcroft and was put on light duties in the office at Treeton bored out of his mind just before it closed. He's now living in Langworth in Lincs, driving a tarmac machine last I heard. I was at British Steel at the time and put a welding rod through the fridge trying to defrost it so had to find another and Glynn said I could have theirs from the canteen as it was going down the shaft anyway when it closed. It was painted blue. I don't know how old that fridge was but I was made redundant last July and the old Treeton pit canteen fridge was still working in the cooling beds office at Aldwarke Finishing Banks the day I left, 20 years after I cadged it. Who says fridges only last 6 years.

Edited by zepstox

I worked at Treeton for a while they used to call me "The Sheffield Puff" because I had what they considered a posh accent coming from Gleadless Valley :)

I worked at maltby but knew a Ken Suiter who worked at treeton but he passed away years ago.

My uncle worked at Treeton Colliery - Timothy Martin. He was there until it closed I think.

i got some old south york mining books and plates if anybody intrested

I think my great-uncle Dennis Gilbank worked there as well. He played for the cricket team.