Sign in to follow this  

Swimming Pools - Which one is the best?

Originally posted by Andy C

I.

I am thinking of perhaps Graves or Heeley pool but cannot find any online information.

can anyone make any good suggestions?

You won't find any online info on Heeley - they probably haven't even heard of the internet it's so old-fashioned.

Seriously, though: I go there two or three times a week, and it's great. Pool is around 25m. The number is 2500443. They will give you all the information you require regarding opening times and sessions.

Originally posted by tinajones

Hathersage pool is unbeatable. Bit chilly when I went for a dip this afternoon though...

WOW :o:cool:

You went to Hathersage in January, I have to agree it is good, but prefer it in say June when you wouldn't freeze your nuts off.

Tinajones I am impressed, how long did it take for you to get in the pool?

Originally posted by mikey

WOW :o:cool:

You went to Hathersage in January, I have to agree it is good, but prefer it in say June when you wouldn't freeze your nuts off.

Tinajones I am impressed, how long did it take for you to get in the pool?

It was a joke - I assume an outdoor pool in Yorkshire would be closed for the Winter season! :loopy:

However, on my holiday to the Canaries last month the pool there was cooler than cool, it was ICE COLD (it was hot weather tho at 26 degrees) due to it being built in the path of the wind. Great for me though as it was empty most of the time. :cool:

Sorry to be annoyingly pedantic but Hathersage is in Derbyshire not Yorkshire. Still damn cold in January though granted!

Whilst Heeley probably would not have their own website, I thought at least the basic info would be on the Sheffield council website - Derbyshire do that. Anyway, Heeley sounds a good idea and I might start going there.

Thankyou and goodnight!

I go to Ponds Forge, swim in the club there.

When I swam for my old club we used to also swim at King Edward's and Heeley.

I used to use Charles T Broughton (Aston Comp) pool quite a bit and Woodthorpe when it was open. We used to go there when I was little.

Ponds Forge doesn't have as much chlorine in it to whoever mentioned it earlier in the thread. It uses Ozone to kill the bacteria. All the new pools are done this way.

Hi I am a journalism student writing a feature on the history of Hillsborough Baths, now the Deep End.

I am looking for information about how it used to look, the building, and what it cost to swim there. I also want to know when it closed.

If any one knows this information or remembers swimming there please let me knw, I would be most grateful

molly x

I go to Westfield Swimming Pool twice a week and its a really friendly pool. it costs about 2.70 to go in and the pool is 20m long. I'm not saying its the best but its fairly good. The pool is off Westfield Cresent in Mosborough. Dont know if thats any help.

i went to ponds forge the other day its not bad but as usual they were only using half the pool and although they were not to bad you just do not get the feeling the changing rooms are as clean as they could be i think it needs a bit of a facelift.