How many of you are born and bred?

Hi everyone.

Just wondering, how many users are actually born and bred? I am not and 98% of my friends are all born in other cities but live here. I personally, am moving away very soon but I would however like anybody who reads this to please write where you were born and if it's not Sheffield, tell us why you came here?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=500962&page=18

I think you need to read this

Sheffielder born and bred

Jessops 1979

However, my son was born in Staffordshire but has lived in Sheffield all his life!!!

Born & bred, Jessops baby, not planning on going anywhere else : )

born and bred in sheffield. Born at nether edge hospital in 1959

Born in down the road in Worksop, moved back and forth between sheffield and Worksop then moved away again to Biddulph Staffordshire. Been back almost 10yrs both kids born in sheffield.

My heart's always been in sheffield.

Sorry for life story lol

I think the term means you were born and brought up there as a child and adolescent, not that you were born there and necessarily still remain there as an adult

I would say born and bred means that you were born there and still live there, I do not class moving away being born and bred. Other wise I would be a Londoner born and bred... :/

I'm another one born in Nether Edge hospital, too.

And another here, May 1989.

I would say born and bred means that you were born there and still live there, I do not class moving away being born and bred. Other wise I would be a Londoner born and bred... :/

Google the term and you might find the majority agree with me.

4/5+ Generations, Sheffield born and bred (nothern general 1991). and to the actually family name a new generation recently been made with my cousins little en :D Proud Sheffielder (Though still wanna move somewhere hot don't everbody lol)

I'm a true sheffielder. Northern general on a cold November night in 1981. What's betting mi mum dint feel t'cowd that neet. x

Edited by Bethsmummy