Thr Prince of Wales, Carterknowle Road

had sunday lunch there , food a bit pricey but ok . the bar service was dreadfull

After moaning my about the price of drinks I do find myself popping in now and agian for a drink, but I only stay for a couple. I just like the ambiance of the palce now.

Not tried the food yet. I noticed they are now doing two pizzas mid week for £10, they looked nice too.

Whilst I was there the last time, I saw someone returning their food and then leaving!!

Still going to give it a go, but I'm going for the mid week specials, two courses for £12.50.

Prince of Wales has been re-vamped. It's part of the Mitchell's and Butler group. We had a very good meal there last week - no complaints - not too pricey as we had the fixed price menu. Would recommend. Good service too -much better than before.

Had lunch in the Prince of Wales last week - really impressed with the food and the service. Yes it is a bit pricier than other pubs in the area but I would rather pay for something nicer. Its about time Sheffield got a few classier venues - if you dont like it dont spend your money there...

Went here last Saturday, was very impressed with the place and seating outside.

Couldn't help but be disappointed with the oven chips though, home made thick cut would have been nice. Will definitely go back again though.

I would go to the Cherry if they could spend some money on doing the place up. Why can't the brewery put some money towards a refurb? They can't expect the tennants to pay for it with such high rent.

It's still nearly £3 a pint in there though.

Verona - just to let you know, the Cherry have now been granted a refurb and hope to have it done by the end of this year. Hope it will get you back through those doors!

Verona - just to let you know, the Cherry have now been granted a refurb and hope to have it done by the end of this year. Hope it will get you back through those doors!

That will be great. I don't mind paying a little more for drinks if the surroundings are nice.

I will be back in and it's a bonus because they also let kids in. Can't wait to give it a try.

Anyone still go in I imagine they must still be doing ok as no signs of another change still makes me laugh the way they put wine glasses on every table I assume to give the impression it's for diners rather than drinkers but every time I go past even at the weekends it seems almost empty yet the greystones is usually busy with ex regulars!

it used to be my local but never go anymore, hate how it's trying to be 'restaurant' more than pub, the foods okay but bit pricey so they are failing there and it's terrible for going in for a pint.

Hopefully it'll change back to a proper pub one day!

it used to be my local but never go anymore, hate how it's trying to be 'restaurant' more than pub, the foods okay but bit pricey so they are failing there and it's terrible for going in for a pint.

Hopefully it'll change back to a proper pub one day!

Yes hope so I don't know anybody who goes there regularly now.