Thr Prince of Wales, Carterknowle Road

£3.85 for a Peroni... I had to `lol` at the barman.

This was my local, went last night for a drink and spent £10 on glass of wine and a pint of beer. What do they think they are doing? Absolutely gutted. Will not be going there again. Apparently the Cherry Tree is making good effort to bring new customers in. I say boycott stupid, up themselves pubs and support the ones keeping it real for those of us that don't happen to drive BMW/Jag/Mercs and happy to spend stupid amounts of money on two drinks.

I think the problem is that the Prince is no longer a pub. Its a restaurant with a bar. Price reflect that. M&B are clear that their strategy is food led. Seems pubs dont pay their way these days ! Lets hope the Cherry picks up as they have had a rough year or two !

I would go to the Cherry if they could spend some money on doing the place up. Why can't the brewery put some money towards a refurb? They can't expect the tennants to pay for it with such high rent.

It's still nearly £3 a pint in there though.

Sadly the typical business model for many pubco's appears to be expensive beer in tatty pubs in need of a re-fit.

The main issue seems to be people want traditional pubs / locals but also want low prices. With so many locals closing, sadly it seems that model is not always sustainable.

Does anyone else feel that the quality of the food at this pub has gone down hill recently.. i really enjoyed the food when it first opened but when i recently returned the food wasnt as tasty and the service felt rushed and un loved.. the heating wasnt working either!

Its a shame because i see the place failing if they dont keep up standards... 12months time and it'll be back to a normal pub! haha

I would go to the Cherry if they could spend some money on doing the place up. Why can't the brewery put some money towards a refurb? They can't expect the tennants to pay for it with such high rent.

It's still nearly £3 a pint in there though.

And it was Sir Michael Caine's local, back in the days when he lived in Sheffield with his first wife and daughter Nickie.

Not a lot of people know that. ;)

This was my local, went last night for a drink and spent £10 on glass of wine and a pint of beer. What do they think they are doing? Absolutely gutted. Will not be going there again. Apparently the Cherry Tree is making good effort to bring new customers in. I say boycott stupid, up themselves pubs and support the ones keeping it real for those of us that don't happen to drive BMW/Jag/Mercs and happy to spend stupid amounts of money on two drinks.

thats the very same reason , i'll never go there again ...

it's never been the same since the woodstock

i needed an excuse not to go , as all my mates used to go , but they've all stopped going now , just to make a point , so i dont have to go there to see my friends . Whether you can afford it or not , it's just vulgar to charge that ammount for drinks , especially for a pub with absolutely no atmosphere or charisma , boring expressionless faces , and full of see through plastic people .

They should re-name it ''Nuke Town''

HaHaHa losers ....

And it was Sir Michael Caine's local, back in the days when he lived in Sheffield with his first wife and daughter Nickie.

Not a lot of people know that. ;)

After filming zulu for three months in 1963 Micheal Caine visited his ex wife and daughter Dominique in Sheffield, Dominique was crazy about horses and her father bought her one.

He had saved his £4,000 wages from the film.

Nickie was probably a shortening of Dominique. [nique]

From Micheal Caines biography.

Not a lot of people know that. ;).

Edited by alex3659

After filming zulu for three months in 1963 Micheal Caine visited his ex wife and daughter Dominique in Sheffield, Dominique was crazy about horses and her father bought her one.

He had saved his £4,000 wages from the film.

Nickie was probably a shortening of Dominique. [nique]

From Micheal Caines biography.

Not a lot of people know that. ;).

Actually from Roz, one of Nickie/Nique's childhood friends, Roz only remembers Michael from when she was a child, but kept in touch with his daughter.

Hardly any people know that.

Actually from Roz, one of Nickie/Nique's childhood friends, Roz only remembers Michael from when she was a child, but kept in touch with his daughter.

Hardly any people know that.

Is she still in Sheffield?.

Do a lot of people know that?. :hihi::hihi:..