What next when you're homeless.

Its still the short term cash flow thats the problem though.

How is your credit rating, maybe a short term loan or overdraft from your bank may be the answer.

Also look at house share or any short term rental. You are looking at nearer £200 pcm all in.

my credit rating is shocking, we are working our way through it though paying all of it off bit by bit, we are not proud of it and certainly wouldnt do it again (get into debt)

no, if it's an emergency the council will put you up asap, no wait time of a few weeks, try northern counties housing association,k tell them you story and they will help quickly

ive tried all the housing associations... they just want to post me a application form to go on thier housing waiting lists and even then the same applys to them... PRIORITY, alchos, imergrants, drug user, mental health issues, pregnant or small children, its wrong! why should any of the above get priority over any other homeless persons, if your homeless your homeless, they should be no 2 ways about it.

ive tried all the housing associations... they just want to post me a application form to go on thier housing waiting lists and even then the same applys to them... PRIORITY, alchos, imergrants, drug user, mental health issues, pregnant or small children, its wrong! why should any of the above get priority over any other homeless persons, if your homeless your homeless, they should be no 2 ways about it.

Did you contact Sheffield Property Shop about the First Come First Served flats?

If you don't put your details on the register, how will they offer you a property?

If you don't put your details on the register, how will they offer you a property?

i have, ive registered with places for people, northen counties and syha, but they all come with waiting lists and time.

i think i will just look for a shared house or a bedsit untill something comes up with either the sheffield homes or one of the above.

i have, ive registered with places for people, northen counties and syha, but they all come with waiting lists and time.

i think i will just look for a shared house or a bedsit untill something comes up with either the sheffield homes or one of the above.

even if homeless, or in hospital in desperate need of an adapted property in which you can manage, you aren't going to walk into the housing, or a housing association office, and the staff member will just hand you a key, saying "Here you go..."

My best mate, a wheelchair user was homeless, and she was seven months waiting for an adapted flat. The flat she was given is as far the other side of the city from her family, and support as it was possible to place her, and still be in Sheffield!!! (family in Woodhouse, she's in Stannington!)

Another friend is a triple amputee (well triple plus part of fingers on his other hand.) he's lost both legs and one hand, plus part of second.

He's been in hospital for months as his place was not suitable to let him come home.

He's finally, this week, been offered a suitable property, and he and his wife have accepted it. he can now come home, and manage in his wheelchair in the house.

Sounds like a plan. I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but have you followed up the First Come First Served properties? As I said previously, they have no waiting time. http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myHome/MovingHome/FindANewHome/WhatIsFirstComeFirstServed.aspx

even if homeless, or in hospital in desperate need of an adapted property in which you can manage, you aren't going to walk into the housing, or a housing association office, and the staff member will just hand you a key, saying "Here you go..."

My best mate, a wheelchair user was homeless, and she was seven months waiting for an adapted flat. The flat she was given is as far the other side of the city from her family, and support as it was possible to place her, and still be in Sheffield!!! (family in Woodhouse, she's in Stannington!)

Another friend is a triple amputee (well triple plus part of fingers on his other hand.) he's lost both legs and one hand, plus part of second.

He's been in hospital for months as his place was not suitable to let him come home.

He's finally, this week, been offered a suitable property, and he and his wife have accepted it. he can now come home, and manage in his wheelchair in the house.

Good news about your friend PT. He and his wife must be really relieved to have got somewhere suitable at last.

I don't know if you followed Ms MacBeth's suggestion (below) but this would be a better idea than many. you haven't said anything about how you will be "homeless" but many people assume they have to move out on a certain date when they don't.

If you are actually homeless (or threatened), the Council has to give you some priority on the waiting list even if you are not entitled to the full duty or to emergency accommodation.

I didn't think landlords could give such short notice? Have you had advice about being able to stay in your current accommodation for longer? Housing Aid at Howden House can help if you have been given notice that isn't legal.

Sounds like a plan. I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but have you followed up the First Come First Served properties? As I said previously, they have no waiting time. http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myHome/MovingHome/FindANewHome/WhatIsFirstComeFirstServed.aspx

yes i did the very same day, sorry for not replying sooner.. must have missed your post above :huh:

anyway, most of the first come first served propertys are for 60 year old or over the few that dont have this rule had already been allocated... or so they say! but they come out every wednesday so i will check really early and phone for one as soon as it opens, i might have a chance then, if one comes on for under 60s, im 35 btw

have you tried agencies, Blue Arrow are very good and are recruiting mow I think

phew.... my husbands boss phoned him this morning asking him to go back into work in the morning as work as picked up again, thank god for that! so at least we can pay the rent now, well we can once we find somewhere, he will not get paid while the end of the month so we cant afford a bond ect untill then, do you think it would be worth putting up a wanted add on here, maybe a landlord would be kind enough to wait untill the end of the month for the bond ect... :help::huh: